MacBook Air Core i7 2.0 13″ (mid-2012) is the build-to-order but later standard iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.8 13″ (mid-2012). It the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Ivy Bridge top i7 processor. MacBook Air Core i7 2.0 13″ (mid-2012) the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.8 13″ (mid-2012) is powered with a dual Core i5 (3667U) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated graphics processor with 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB \ 8 GB of RAM, a 256 GB \ 512 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i7 2.0 13″ (Mid-2012)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.8 13″ (mid-2012) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out, an SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.8 13″ (mid-2012) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: June 11, 2012.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (3667U) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB \ 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440×900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics with 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 256 GB \ 512 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out, SDXS card slot and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 50-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.7.4 (11E2520).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1466 (EMC 2559).
Apple Order number: MD846LL/A.
Discontinued: June 10, 2013
- MacBook Air (mid-2012) sports a new asymmetrical fan. The gaps between blades vary from 3.6 mm to 2.8 mm. The fan blades, arranged in “asymmetrical” pattern, disperse sound across a wide range of frequencies, thus making fan noise “hardly perceivable.”
- MacBook Air (mid-2012) features Core i7 processor, the top choice of the line, but the heat sink is too small for the processor of this class. Asymmetrical fan or no asymmetrical fan, overheating might present an issue here.
- You want to switch to a new Macbook but don’t have enough means? We at iGotOffer help you save money for your new purchase. We pay the best price online for your old electronic devices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell My Macbook.