MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 13″ (early 2015) is the build-to-order iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13″ (early 2015) that never made it to the standard one. It is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Broadwell processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 13″ (Early 2015 CTO \ BTO)
MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 13″ (early 2015) is powered with a dual Core i7 (5650U) and Intel HD Graphics 6000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD storage. First, the memory could be upgraded up to 8 GB at time of a purchase only, but since April 19, 2016 8 GB of RAM is a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 13″ (early 2015) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt 2 video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 13″ (early 2015) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: March 9, 2015 \ April 19, 2016.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (5650U) “Broadwell”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 54-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.10.2 (14C2507).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1466 (EMC 2925).
Apple Order number: CTO \ BTO.
Models configured: MJVE2LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage and 4 GB RAM (since March 9, 2015 to April 19, 2016), MJVG2LL/A – 256 GB of SSD storage and 4 GB RAM (since March 9, 2015 to April 19, 2016); MMGF2LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage and 8 GB RAM (since April 19, 2016), MMGG2LL/A – 256 GB of SSD storage and 8 GB RAM (since April 19, 2016).
Price: $1149 – MJVE2LL/A and MMGF2LL/A, $1349 – MJVG2LL/A and MMGG2LL/A.
- Battery in MacBook Air 13″ (early 2015) is screwed not glued which is good for environment and makes the replacement an easier process.
- PCIe-based SSDs are manufactured by Samsung and have 4 lanes. They show a splendid performance, twice as fast as the previous year models: average write speeds of 629.9MB/s and average read speeds of 1285.4MB/s.
- The integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000 is 20-25% faster than HD 5000, while the amount of shared RAM remains the same – 1.5 GB.
- Most think, MacBook Air closest competitor is Windows Surface 3 Pro, but we at iGotOffer believe, it’s iPad Pro with detachable keyboard and the jaw-dropping hardware.
- Have you checked out our prices recently? Remember, the possibility to trade in your old device for top dollar cash is just a click away: Make smart decisions about your money! We at iGotOffer.com pay the best price online! Check out iGotOffer Offers page to see all current ones: Sell Macbook.