MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 11″ (early 2015) is the build-to-order but later standard iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (early 2015) that never made it to the standard one. It is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Haswell processors family. MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 11″ (early 2015) is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 11″ (Early 2015 CTO/BTO)
MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 11″ (early 2015) is powered with a top-class dual Core i7 (5650U) and Intel HD Graphics 6000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD storage. The memory could be upgraded at time of a purchase up to 8 GB, but 4 GB was a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366 x 768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i7 2.2 11″ (early 2015) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out and Thunderbolt 2 video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 11″ (early 2015) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: March 9, 2015.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (5650U) ” Broadwell”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 11.6″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1366 x 768 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Storage upgrade: 512 GB from 256 GB at the time of purchase.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out and Thunderbolt 2.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 38-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.9.2 (13C1021).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56.
- Weight: 2.38 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1465 (EMC 2924).
Apple Order number: CTO/BTO.
Discontinued: October 27, 2016.
Price: $1049 – MJVM2LL/A, $1249 – MJVP2LL/A.
- Apple alleged the slightly longer battery life (up to 10 hours on one charge) to win over the nearest rival: Windows Surface Pro 3 with 9 hours of life. Yet the promised life boost came not from the battery but from the Broadwell CPU better performance. Intel Broadwell is up to 30% more power efficient.
- The case is held on with Apple’s proprietary Pentalobe screws to resist tampering with the insides. You need a special screwdriver if you’re going to upgrade your laptop. Keep in mind that the only upgradeable part here is the SSD drive – and this is identical to the models of 2013 year, so you won’t have any difficulties finding a spare part – while the RAM is soldered to the motherboard.
- FAST CASH. Need to sell your gadget? We have the best offer for you! Sell used Apple devices. Sell iMac, sell MacBook, sell iPhone, sell iPod, sell iPad, sell tablet, sell used gadgets fast for best price online, effortless: Macbook Sale.