The new MacBook Pro 13” 2.9 GHz is faster and more powerful than before. Yet this machine is remarkably thinner and lighter. The new MacBook Pro has the brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display. It features sixth-generation quad-core and dual-core processors, delivering pro-level processing performance and up to 2.3 times the graphics performance over the previous generation. Built on groundbreaking ideas, this device introduces the Touch Bar – a Multi-Touch enabled strip of glass built into the keyboard for instant access to the tools you want, right when you want them. The new 13-inch MacBook Pro also features new Touch ID and a more responsive keyboard.
MacBook Pro 13” 2.9 GHZ or 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (Late 2016)
Introduction: October 27, 2016.
- Processors: Sixth-generation 2.9 GHz or 3.1 GHz dual-core Core i5 or 3.3. GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz; eDRAM Intel processors.
- Memory: 8 GB of 2133 MHz and 256 of flash storage.
- Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics, up to two times faster than the previous generation. Up to 1TB fast SSDs with sequential read speeds over 3GBps.
- Thunderbolt 3 consolidates data transfer, charging as twice the video bandwidth in a single port. Users can drive a 5K display.
- OS: macOS.
- Display: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Retina display at 500 nits of brightness, 67 percent brighter and 67 percent more contrast than the previous generation.
- Touch Bar and Touch ID: Force Touch trackpad. Touch ID: Integrated into the power button, it enables a quick, accurate reading of the user’s fingerprint and matches it with the Secure Enclave in the new Apple T1 chip. Once the user enrolls the fingerprint in Touch ID on his or her MacBook Pro, the user can quickly unlock the Mac, switch user accounts and make secure purchases with Apple Pay on the web with a single touch.
- Battery Life: up to 10 hours.
- Dimensions: 14.9 mm thin.
- Weight: 3.02 lb.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at $1,799 (2.9 GHz or 3.1 GHz dual-core Core i5 or 3.3. GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz).
- The 13-inch model weighs 3.02 lb and is only 14.9 mm thin.
- With sixth-generation Intel Core powerful processors, MacBook Pro delivers amazing performance — even when powering through the most pro-level processing jobs, like rendering 3D models and encoding video.
- The new 13-inch MacBook Pro 13” 2.9 can conserve energy when taking on lighter tasks, like browsing the web and checking email.
- The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of your keyboard with something much more versatile and capable (the function is available on select models).
- The Touch Bar changes automatically based on what you’re doing to show you relevant tools you already know how to use. For example, system controls like intelligent typing features (from emoji to predictive text), volume and brightness, interactive ways to adjust or browse through content, and more.
- The Force Touch trackpad is significantly larger, giving the user’s fingers more room to gesture and click.
- Among other features, the Touch Bar gives the user quick access to commands. It allows expand, contract, and customize system controls to reveal volume, brightness, answer the iPhone or a FaceTime call from the keyboard without moving the cursor, select a palette and tap to choose a color for text or objects in Pages, Keynote, get quick access to text suggestions and emoji in apps like Messages and Mail, access the function keys by holding down the FN key on the keyboard.
- Touch ID is available on a Mac for the first time. This feature enables instant access to logins. In some apps, the user can customize the Touch Bar with the commands that work best for the user’s needs.
- Touch ID assures fast, secure online purchases with Apple Pay.
- This device features P3 color, which makes 25 percent more colors available than standard RGB, as it reveals a much broader range of greens and reds.
- The keyboard includes a second-generation butterfly mechanism, refined for greater comfort and responsiveness.
- The speakers for the new MacBook Pro version have been redesigned to provide as much as twice the dynamic range and up to 58 percent more volume, with two and a half times louder bass for maximum boom.
- The speakers are connected directly to system power, enabling up to three times more peak power. So they make the 13-inch MacBook Pro the perfect choice for editing video or enjoying a movie on the go.
- Thunderbolt 3 offers a connection with state-of-the-art speed and versatility. Delivering twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2, enabling it to support two 4K displays or one 5K display. It consolidates data transfer, video output, and charging in a single, compact connector. And with the integration of USB-C, convenience is added to the speed of Thunderbolt to create an universal port. A single USB-C port can deliver power in both directions. So a port can charge a device or, alternatively, be charged by one. And it’s capable of delivering up to 100 watts of power, so a single cable can be used to connect to a dock.
- Thunderbolt 3 connects natively to all displays and monitors with DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort, while supporting HDMI and VGA displays with the use of an adapter. Equipped with Thunderbolt 3, your Mac is ready to connect to a broad ecosystem of devices.
- Sell your old electronics to iGotOffer.com. Check on our new prices. We can help you save money by buying your used devices and paying top dollar cash online!: Sell your old Macbook! Free instant quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.