New MacBook Pro is the thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro ever. It also has a new interface. Instead of the traditional row of function keys, this model is equipped with a Retina-quality Multi-Touch display called the Touch Bar. This computer is also the most powerful MacBook Pro ever, featuring sixth-generation quad-core and dual-core processors, delivering pro-level processing performance and up to 2.3 times the graphics performance over the previous generation. The new 13-inches MacBook Pro features a new, more responsive keyboard.
MacBook Pro 13-inches 2.0 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (Late 2016)
Introduction: October 27, 2016.
- Processors: Sixth-generation 2.0 GHz dual-core Core i5 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3,1 GHz; eDRAM Intel processors.
- Memory: 8 GB of 2133 MHz and 256 of flash storage.
- Graphics: Cutting-edge Intel Iris Graphics, up to two times faster than the previous generation. Up to 1TB fast SSDs with sequential read speeds over 3GBps.
- Thunderbolt 3 consolidates data transfer, charging as twice the video bandwidth in a single port. Users can drive a 5K display.
- OS: macOS.
- Display: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Retina display at 500 nits of brightness, 67 percent brighter and 67 percent more contrast than the previous generation.
- Battery Life: up to 10 hours.
- Force Touch trackpad.
- Dimensions: 14.9 mm thin.
- Weight: 3.02 lb.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at $1,499, features a 2.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz, 8GB of memory and 256 GB of flash storage. (Note that the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID – 2.9 GHz or 3.1 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 or 3.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor starts at $1,799.
- The new MacBook Pro is the thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro ever, featuring an entirely new enclosure design and all-metal unibody construction. The new model elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability.
- The new MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar places controls right at the user’s fingertips. The Touch Bar allows users to easily access apps like Mail, Finder, Calendar, Numbers, GarageBand, Final Cut Pro X and many more, including third-party apps.
- The Touch Bar can show Tabs and Favorites in Safari, enable easy access to emoji in Messages or provide a simple way to edit images or scrub through videos in Photos.
- The 13-inch new MacBook Pro is 17 percent thinner and 23 percent less voluminous than the previous generation. It weighs three pounds and is nearly half a pound lighter then the previous generation.
- The new MacBook Pro display features brighter LED backlighting and an increased contrast ratio, delivering deeper blacks and brighter whites. The display delivers images that are brighter and more vivid. More colorful in every detail, the images appear more lifelike than ever. As thin as a MacBook display at .88 mm, the Retina display on the new MacBook Pro at 500 nits of brightness, 25% more colors than sRGB and it is 67 percent brighter than the previous generation. Besides it features 67 percent more contrast. Its larger pixel aperture and variable refresh rate make it more power efficient than previous generations.
- It’s the first Mac notebook to support wide color, for even more vibrant greens and reds. This ensures truer-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details, essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing.
- macOS is engineered to take full advantage of the hardware and designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at.
- macOS includes a collection of apps for every day.
- macOS features iCloud and other innovative ways for the 13-inch MacBook Pro, iOS devices, and Apple Watch to work together.
- The new NacBook Pro is the first Mac notebook with a display that support a wider color gamut. With the power-saving technologies like a larger pixel aperture, a variable refresh rate and more power-efficient LEDs, the new display consumes 30 percent less energy than previous displays.
- Force Touch trackpads are 46 percent larger on the 13-inch MacBook Pro.
- With a second-generation butterfly mechanism, typing is more comfortable on the keyboard.
- Sound is louder and more true-to-life with improved and more powerful speakers.
- macOS™ Sierra has new features like Siri integration, Universal Clipboard, Apple Pay on the web and Photos (Note that Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas. Siri’s features may vary by area).
- Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create an universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40 Gbps of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. The 13-inch MacBook Pro has four ports, so you can do all that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter.
- Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always right side up.
- This model has up to 130% faster graphics than previous generation.
- In some apps, you can customize the Touch Bar with the commands that work best for you.
- The speakers have been redesigned to provide as much as twice the dynamic range and up to 58 percent more volume. They have two and a half times louder bass for maximum boom. And they’re connected directly to system power, enabling up to three times more peak power.
- Don’t forget that iCloud requires an iCloud-enabled device. Some features require iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. Some features require a Wi-Fi connection. Besides some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.
- Have you checked out our prices recently? Remember, the possibility to trade in your old device for top dollar cash is just a click away: Make smart decisions about your money!: Sell your Macbook now!
MacBook Pro (13-inch 2016) Unboxing. Video uploaded by PhoneDog on October 28, 2016. The new MacBook Pros were debuted yesterday and today we take our first in-depth look at 13-inch MacBook Pro minus the Touch Bar. This is the entry level notebook to Apple’s refreshed MacBook Pro, featuring a 2.0GHz Dual-Core i5, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage.