Introduced with the MAC IIcx and the Macintosh Two-Page Monochrome Video Card, the 21” Macintosh Two-Page Monochrome Display was Apple’s first 2-page monitor for the Macintosh. The monitor can sit on top of most desktop Macs and was designed to complement the 11.9″ wide Mac IIcx. It worked with the Apple Universal Monitor Stand.
Macintosh Two-Page Monochrome Display
Introduced: March 7, 1989.
- Tube type : Grayscale Shadow Mask CRT.
- Tube size: 21″.
- Display: Fixed resolution of 1152 x 870 pixels.
- Viewable size: 19″.
- Connectivity: 13w3 connector instead of Apple’s standard DB-15 video connector.
- Bit Depth: The monitor supports up to 8-bit grayscale.
- Display Area: 8.0″ x 10.85″/203 x 276 mm.
- Refresh: 75 Hz.
- Maximum display Colors: Monochrome.
- DPI: 77.
- Video Cable: Removable cable with DB-15 connectors on both ends.
- Dimensions: 19.1″ (height) x 19.6″ (width) x 18.6″ (depth).
- Weight: 60 lb.
- Power: AC power: 90-270V, 47-63 Hz. Power draw: 95W, 0.8A.
Apple Order, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Number: M0402 – Revision A, M1025 – Revision B.
Discontinued: Announced – 19 October 1992, terminated on December 1, 1992.
Original price: US$2,149. discontinued 1992.12.01.
- The power button is on the back of the display, along with a built-in 3-port ADB hub.
- The brightness and contrast controls of the monitor are on the right side. The monitor can sit on top of most desktop Macs and is designed to complement the 11.9″ wide Mac IIcx. It works with the Apple Universal Monitor Stand.
- Screen saver was recommended for users to avoid phosphor burn caused by static elements on the screen.
- To clean the screen, Apple suggested applying household glass cleaner to a clean cloth or paper towel and wiping the screen, but user had to avoid spraying glass cleaner directly on the CRT, as it could run down the screen, into the case, and damage the internal electrical circuitry.
- The monitor had a warm-up time up to 20 minutes for complete warmup, but was usable immediately.
- Excellent way to recycle your old gadget: Visit iGotOffer Website. Check on our prices for your old Apple device. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for new model: Sell Apple display online.