On October 27, 2016, Apple introduced the thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro ever, along with a new interface. Instead of the traditional row of function keys, the new device is equipped with a Retina-quality Multi-Touch display called the Touch Bar. New MaxBook Pro is also the most powerful MacBook Pro ever. Indeed, it features sixth-generation quad-core and dual-core processors, up to 2.3 times the graphics performance over the previous generation. It also has super-fast SSDs and up to four Thunderbolt 3 ports.
New MacBook Pro (Late 2016)
The new MacBook Pro features the security and convenience of Touch ID, a more responsive keyboard, a larger Force Touch trackpad and a new audio system.
The Touch Bar places controls right at the user’s fingertips. It allows users to easily access apps like Mail, Finder, Calendar, Numbers, GarageBand, Final Cut Pro X and many more, including third-party apps. For example, the Touch Bar can show Tabs and Favorites in Safari, enable easy access to emoji in Messages or provide a simple way to edit images or scrub through videos in Photos.
Thinnest and Lightest MacBook Pro Ever
The new MacBook Pro features an entirely new enclosure design and all-metal unibody construction that creates a thin and light notebook, which is rigid and dense.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is just 14.9 mm thin, and it’s 17 percent thinner and 23 percent less voluminous than the previous generation. It weighs only three pounds and is thus nearly half a pound lighter then the previous generation. The new 15-inch MacBook Pro is 15.5 mm thin. It is 14 percent thinner and 20 percent less volume than the previous generation. It weighs just four pounds, that’s is nearly half a pound lighter.
Touch ID is integrated into the power button. This new feature in Macs is one of the great features customers have come to love from their iPhone and iPad. Touch ID enables a quick, accurate reading of your fingerprint and matches it with the Secure Enclave in the new Apple T1 chip. Once the user enrolls the fingerprint in Touch ID on his or her MacBook Pro, the user can quickly unlock the Mac, switch user accounts and make secure purchases with Apple Pay on the web with a single touch.
The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of the keyboard. It changes automatically based on what the user is doing to show the user relevant tools.
The Touch Bar gives the user quick access to commands: It helps to expand, contract, and customize system controls to reveal volume, brightness; answer the iPhone or a FaceTime call from the keyboard without moving the cursor; select a palette and tap to choose a color for text or objects in Pages, Keynote, etc.; get quick access to text suggestions and emoji in apps like Messages and Mail. Access the function keys by holding down the FN key on the keyboard.
The display ever delivers images that are brighter and more vivid. More colorful in every detail, the images appear more lifelike than ever. As thin as a MacBook display at .88 mm, the Retina display on the new MacBook Pro at 500 nits of brightness, is 67 percent brighter than the previous generation. Besides it features 67 percent more contrast.
The new NacBook Pro is the first Mac notebook with a display that support a wider color gamut. Users may be interested in know that thanks to power-saving technologies like a larger pixel aperture, a variable refresh rate and more power-efficient LEDs, the new display consumes 30 percent less energy than previous displays.
The Most Powerful MacBook Pro Yet
Powerful processors, cutting-edge graphics, fast SSDs, high-speed memory and an advanced thermal architecture enclosed in a very thin case, the new MacBook Pro delivers a pro-level performance. Sixth-generation dual-core Core i5 with eDRAM, dual-core Core i7 with eDRAM and quad-core Core i7 Intel processors deliver pro-level processing performance.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro features Radeon Pro discrete graphics delivering up to 2.3 times more performance than the previous generation. The 13-inch MacBook Pro comes with Intel Iris Graphics that are up to two times faster than the previous generation. Both the models feature SSDs with sequential read speeds over 3GBps. Thunderbolt 3 consolidates data transfer, charging and twice the video bandwidth in a single port. In consequence, users can drive a 5K display. They can also power their new MacBook Pro with a single cable.
Other Features That the New MacBook Pro Offers:
- Force Touch trackpads are 46 percent larger on the 13-inch MacBook Pro and 50 percent larger on the 15-inch MacBook Pro;
- With a second-generation butterfly mechanism, typing is more comfortable on the keyboard;
- Sound is louder and more true-to-life with improved and more powerful speakers;
- macOS Sierra has new features like Siri integration, Universal Clipboard, Apple Pay on the web and Photos.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at $1,499, features a 2.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz, 8GB of memory and 256GB of flash storage.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro with the Touch Bar and Touch ID starts at $1,799. It features a 2.9 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.3 GHz, 8GB of memory and 256GB of flash storage.
- The 15-inch MacBook Pro starts at $2,399. It features Touch Bar and Touch ID, a 2.6 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.5 GHz, 16GB of memory and 256GB of flash storage.
- Why sell your old MacBook Pro to iGotOffer.com? Our service is great for those that don’t want to worry about seeing their laptop stolen. We are great for people who value their time and prefer not to waste it. We at iGotOffer pay much more for the same MacBook and in the same state than our competition: Sell Macbook Pro.
The new MacBook Pro — Design, Performance and Features — Apple. Video published by Apple, on October 27, 2016.