Q: Can I remove jailbreak from an iPhone or iPad?
A: Yes. You can do it from a backup via iTunes.
Q: How can I restore my device via iTunes?
How to Remove Jailbreak Safely and Restore Your iPhone or iPad
To restore the device via iTunes, follow the steps listed below…
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac.
- Enable the backup when prompted.
- From the left sidebar, pick your device in iTunes.
- Click on Restore and then select Backup (in case you skipped the step 3, so don’t worry much if you did).
iTunes will now restore your device while making sure the old apps, music, photos and contacts remain intact. All jailbreak data as well as tweaks and jailbreak apps will be removed completely. This is a safe way to remove jailbreak.
Q: I want to restore my device as new. What shall I do?
A: There’s another way: from a stock IPSW file or from Apple’s servers. Your iPhone and iPad will be as fresh as new.
To restore your iPhone or iPad as a new device, follow the steps listed below…
- Backup on iCloud.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Storage & BackupiCloud Storage Backup in iPhone.
- Click on Backup Now.
- iCloud Backup.
This back up will help you to get back the apps, music and pictures. Now you can move to restoring your device as new:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone.
- Select the device from the left sidebar.
- Click on Restore.
- Disable backup (Cancel, when prompted for the backing up option).
You’ll be connected to Apple Servers and the latest iOS firmware will be installed. Obviously, all the data will be erased and lost forever, but you can download it back from your iCloud.
If some iTunes Errors occur during the process of restoration, do the following:
- Download the IPSW file directly to your local disk.
- Click Shift+Restore and choose the IPSW file you downloaded. This will install the IPSW on your iPhone.