Turn Off File Vault Disk Encryption
Before You Sell Used Mac Mini
If you activate File Vault in OS X 10.7 or later, turn it off before selling you old Mac Mini. Indeed, when you turn off File Vault, encryption is turned off and the contents of your disk are decrypted.
The decrypting could take a while, depending on how much information you have stored. However you can still use your computer to do other tasks while the decryption is occurring.
To turn off File Vault:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click File Vault
- Click the lock to unlock the preferences pane, next enter an administrator name and password
- Click Turn Off File Vault
- Click Turn Off Encryption
Important note: Deleting documents, contacts, reminders, documents, photo streams, or any other iCloud data while signed in to your iCloud account will lead to the removal of all this content from the iCloud servers. These documents also will be deleted from all of your devices that are signed in to iCloud.
Before You Sell Mac Mini: Don’t Forget To Clean It Up
Clean physically up your old Mac Mini before you sell it to get rid of all the cruft and crumbs on the keyboard and mouse. Unplug everything, grab a microfiber cloth and wipe the screen, the keyboard and the case. If you have one of the older keyboards, turn it upside down and give it a good shake to get food crumbs, dust and cat hair between the keys.
You can use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to clean the keyboard. Your used Mac Mini might even need a touch up with iKlear or a similar spray.
- Apple Encyclopedia: all information about Apple products, electronic devices, operating systems and apps from iGotOffer experts.
- iGotOffer.com: the best place to sell my used Mac Mini online. Top cash guaranteed. Free quote and free shipping. BBB A+ rated business.
Copyright © 2016 iGotOffer.com. All rights reserved.