Google Pixel XL 5.5-inch (late 2016)
Google Pixel XL (5.5-inch, late 2016) is the first Android smartphone entirely designed and engineered by Google and sold as the company own brand. Google Pixel XL sports the larger and the sharper screen but also a more powerful battery to back up the touchscreen performance. It also features the larger inner storage capacity. But other than that it’s identical to Google Pixel 5-inch (late 2016).
Google Pixel XL (5.5-inch, late 2016) is the premium class smartphone with an aluminum body with a glass panel on the top half of the rear casing to house the camera and fingerprint sensor, monickered “imprint”. The connectivity includes USB Type-C connector supporting USB 3.0, for power and data exchange and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Wireless connectivity includes the fastest 4G and LTE broadband connection as well as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and NFC. But there’s no radio.
The larger of two Pixel smartphones features a 1080p AMOLED screen with a 3450 mAh battery. It is powered with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 system-on-chip, 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage. The multimedia includes a 12.3-megapixel rear-facing camera with a Sony IMX378 sensor with 1.55 μm pixels and an 8-megapixel front-facing HD camera.
Google Pixel XL (5.5-inch, late 2016) is available either from Google on-line store or from local mobile providers as a part of the deal.
- Type: smartphone.
- Form-factor: monoblock.
- Introduced on: 2016, October.
- Network: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS.
- NFC: Yes.
- Radio: No.
- Messaging: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM.
- Browser: HTML5.
- Java: No.
- SIM: Nano-SIM.
- Dimensions: 6.09 x 2.98 x 0.33 in.
- Weight: 5.93 oz.
- Protection: splash and dust resistant.
- Display: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Screen-to-body ratio: ~71.2%.
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels.
- Pixel Density: ~534 ppi.
- Multitouch: Yes.
- Protection: 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- OS: Android OS, v7.1 (Nougat).
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821.
- CPU: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo).
- GPU: Adreno 530.
- Internal Memory: 128 GB.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Card slot: No.
- Rear cam: 12.3 MP, f/2.0, EIS (gyro), phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
- Features: 1/2.3″ sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps.
- Front selfie cam: 8 MP, f/2.4, 1/3.2″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p.
- Video: MP4/H.264.
- Audio: MP3/WAV/eAAC+.
- Audio Quality: noise -93.0dB / crosstalk -92.6dB.
- Sockets: 3.5mm jack, USB v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- Input/Output: speakers, loudspeaker, microphone.
- Sensors: fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3450 mAh battery.
- Stand-by: Up to 552 h (3G).
- Talk time: Up to 32 h (3G).
- Music play: Up to 130 h.
- Quick Charge Feature: Yes.
- Colors: Quite Black, Very Silver, Really Blue.
- Software From the Box: Fast battery charging, MP4/H.264 player, MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player, Photo/video editor, Document editor.
- Benchmarks Results: Basemark OS II 2.0: 2281 / Basemark X: 30861.
- It takes only 15 minutes to charge the Google Pixel smartphone for 7 hours.
- The coolest accessory to go with the Google Pixel or Google Pixel XL is the Daydream View VR goggles or headset. The VR headset features the NFC tag to pair the smartphone. It has a remote control as well that turns into a laser point in VR.
- The Pixel smartphone supports all Google services, a Google assistant and the Google Daydream virtual reality platform.
- The Google Daydream virtual reality platform is part of the Google Home ecosystem that includes also the Google Assistant.
- Google has been venturing into co-developing flagship Android devices as part of the Nexus program. The Nexus smartphones were designed as “reference” devices for the Android platform, in other words, as a guide to other OEMs. But at the same time Nexuses were to retain internal similarities to other devices made by their respective partners. The dual-branding was to highlight this legacy. The Pixel smartphones are exclusive, because they do not feature such legacy from HTC – the contract manufacturer in question. Huawei, another large company has declined the contract with Google due to lack of such dual-branding.
- Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones run under Android 7.1 “Nougat”, an exclusive update to 7.0 with special features reserved specially for Google own smartphones. For example, an extended set of emojies, featuring various profession and the GIF “image keyboard”. Another nice feature are motion gestures: double-tapping the screen shows alerts, raising the device wakes the screen and shaking the device with the rear camera on wakes the front camera.
- Pixel smartphones from now on are the first to get the latest Android versions, while other Android and Nexus devices are still to wait for the update’s roll-out.
- The digital image stabilization system in the Pixel’s camera is tied to the phone’s gyroscope and motion sensors at a sampling rate of 200 Hz. While active, the camera is capturing 30 captures per second. With the shutter button pressed, up to 10 of these frames are composed to form a single image. The number of frames is adjustable. All Pixel smartphones come with the unlimited full-resolution Google Photos backup for the life of the device.
- A Live Case for the Pixel and Pixel XL is available for an extra cost. It’s made of silicone as a traditional case but can be customized with favorite photos, artworks or stylized maps of favorite places. There’s a tool on the Google Store that allows to customize the case to one’s liking.
- If your eyes are on new Pixel or other smartphone and you look for good hands to adopt your used one, contact us, and we’ll give you the best price for your gadget: Sell my Pixel XL phone online now for top price!