Before You Sell an iPad Mini: Remove Data
Beautiful to look at and easy to use, Mac mini has a seamless, unique look that is unmistakably Mac. It’s still the world’s most energy-efficient desktop computer. Indeed, it doesn’t just meet ENERGY STAR requirements, it exceeds them.
However, a new iPad model, or an upgraded version, just came out. You finally decide to sell the iPad you have used for years. Now you need to ensure that your personal data has been removed, before you begin packaging it up to send to the buyer. However, we recommend that you first back up all your data.
BACKUP ALL DATA
This should actually take very little time if you regularly backup your iPad via iTunes or iCloud.
To back up your device via iTunes:
- Connect your iPad to the computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Select your iPad.
- Under the Summary tab, enable Backup this device to the computer.
- Sync the iPad you want to sell.
If you do iCloud backups:
- Head to Settings – iCloud – Storage & Backup.
- Once in this section, tap on Backup Now.
If you have setup iCloud, it controls quite a lot of data on the iPad. In many cases, the moment you sign out of the iCloud account, a lot of data disappears from the iPad so you don’t have to remove it manually. To do this, go to iCloud and tap on your account ID. Tap on Sign out to logout of the iCloud account.
You might repeat the process for Settings – iTunes & App Store where you will be logged in.
You also should make sure that you have a backup of your settings, documents, and all data on iCloud, before you sell the used iPad. This backup will allow you to easily restore all of your data. This will make for a smooth transition to your new iPad.
REMOVE ALL DATA
Before you sell your used iPad mini, make sure that you’ve removed all of your personal data. It’s better to remove data individually just to be sure).
Once you have all the backups, remove data and accounts from the iPad you are preparing to sell.
The first step is removing photos, videos, media content, and other files. To do this:
- Go into your Photos app.
- Erase all photos and videos from all folders.
- Repeat the process for whatever app you can reset.
When you have iCloud disabled, you can also delete apps individually. This process is automated via General – Reset, but it’s safer to clear out all content manually.
BACK UP YOUR IPAD AND SIGN OUT OF ICLOUD
To back up the iPad and sign out of iCloud:
- Tap Settings > iCloud, scroll down.
- Tap Sign Out. Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Once there tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Now your iPad will be completely deleted. Any credit or debit cards you added for Apple Pay will be erased. Any apps, music, photos, documents, etc., will be erased too. FaceTime, iCloud, Game Center, iMessage, and other services will be turned off. The device will be erased and removed from your account.
After you sell your old iPad, Setup Assistance will guide the new owner through the setup process when they turn on the iPad for the first time. Your content won’t be deleted from iCloud when you erase your iPad mini.
Remember to sign out of all other accounts: Logging out and signing out of all user accounts is a part of online security. When you delete a social network app , you are signing out of it too. However, it’s safer to log out and sign out of all user accounts.
By the time you remove all data from your old iPad mini, it should almost look like a new one. Now you should clear out things internally within the iOS itself:
- Go to Settings – General – Reset.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- After your iPad mini restarts, head back to Reset again and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
The item is now ready to be sold.
BEFORE YOU SELL MAC MINI: HOW TO ERASE EVERYTHING ON HDD?
If you need to sell your old Mac Mini you probably need to get as much cash for it as possible.
Needless to say, you would like all your info erased on this device, including your personal login account and iCloud features within.
There are some things you’ll want to do to prepare the Mac Mini for sale:
- Make sure everything is backed up: Even if you’re using Time Machine to back up your Mac Mini onto an external hard disk drive, we recommend going through all directories to make sure that everything has either been migrated to your new computer, or is available from a backup.
- De-authorize iTunes: If you have more than one computer, you might want to de-authorize iTunes on the old Mac Mini that you’re about to get rid of. This makes sure that you don’t accidentally hit the limit of five computers that can play your iTunes Store purchases.
Erase your hard drive: The best way to erase your hard drive is to boot from a Mac OS X installer disk, if you have one. To do this, go to the Utilities menus when the installer comes up. Select Disk Utility. Select the drive, then tap on the Erase tab. By doing this, you ensure none of your personal information is retrievable.
- If you’re getting ready to sell a Mac Mini, reload the OS at this point. However, don’t start going through the Setup Assistant. Instead, when you see the start-up screen, use Command-Q to quit the installer, and shut the computer down. The next time it is started up, the new owner will get to go through the joy of setting up their new Mac Mini.
Now you can sell your old iPad mini! Don’t waste your time go sell your iPad mini to iGotOffer today!