Before you sell iPad Mini, you can configure your device to erase itself after ten consecutive incorrect password attempts. This setting can be turned on by tapping Settings > General > Passcode Lock (It is set off by default). If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your iPad mini. In this case you’ll have to use the computer with which you last synced it.
This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device or restore from a backup. If you restore on a computer that was never synced with your iPad mini, you will be able to unlock the device and remove the passcode. In this case however, your data will not be present.
Restore An iPad Mini
Apple’s instructions to restore an iPad mini:
- Connect iPad to your computer.
- Select iPad in the iTunes sidebar.
- Click the Summary tab.
- Tap Check for Update. iTunes will tell you if there’s a newer version of the software available.
- Tap Restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. When restoring, it is always preferable that you back up the device when prompted. When the iPad software has been restored, you can choose to set up iPad as a new. You also can restore your data from a backup.
What Else Should You Do
Protect your personal data. Make sure that you’ve removed all of your personal information. Get the device to its factory default state for the new owner.
Contact your carrier for guidance on transferring service to the new owner. You’ll then get help transferring service to the new owner. When the new owner turns on the device for the first time, Setup Assistant will guide them through the setup process.
Back Up Your Data
If you’re going to be migrating to a new device, make sure you’ve got a secure copy of everything you need for the transition, so back up all data. Back up the computer you are selling. Sign out of iCloud. Erasing your device will turn off iCloud, FaceTime, Game Center, Messages, and other services that may be connected.
Although an iCloud backup should be just fine, sometimes having a physical iTunes backup feels safer.
If you do iCloud backups, go to Settings – iCloud – Storage & Backup. Once there, click on Backup Now.
For iTunes, under the Summary tab, make sure Backup this device to the computer is enabled. Tap on Sync your iDevice. Now Backup should be performed without a hitch.
Clean It Up!
Well, it’s time to say goodbye to your old iPad mini and move up to a new model… No matter what the reason, it’s time to part ways, you did your home work, and the back up is ready, awaiting for a new computer to be added to…
But before you sell your old computer, you have to make it ready to sell. So clean it up and make sure it’s in good looking and sellable condition: clean the case, the keyboard, the trackpad. Wipe down the screen with terrycloth sprayed with an alcohol-free lens cleaner, and you will be getting a good deal selling your unwanted iPad mini.
- Apple Encyclopedia: all information about company, products, electronic devices, operating systems and apps.
- iGotOffer.com: the best place to sell iPad mini online. The top cash guaranteed. Free quote, free shipping. BBB A+ rated business. If you want to sell iPad mini, keep in mind that we buy even broken iPads. We’ll pay cash even for soaked or plain dead iPads.