The data on iPad? What about it? Just erase all the data before sending us your iPad. If you’re not sure how to do that, we will erase your data for you, as long as the iPad is in working condition.
What is better than having your iPad with you at school, on vacation, at work, in the home? The iPad is a great portable entertainment and browsing device with wonderful apps for you and your kids. But iPads keep getting better.
The latest generation has amazing retina display for a richer experience. And we can only expect further improvements and enhancements down the road. So maybe you already have an iPad or an iPad mini and you have decided to get a new one.
Don’t forget to erase your iPad before you sell it. However, when you erase your iPad, unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn’t a way to save your data. Erasing your iPad will delete all settings and data.
If you’ve synced your iPad with iTunes, erase with iTunes. In this case you can restore the device:
- Connect your iPad to the computer you synced with.
- Open iTunes. If asked to enter a passcode, try another computer you’ve synced with. You can also use recovery mode.
- When iTunes syncs with your device, make a backup.
- Once the backup has finished, click Restore (select your iPad in a list of the devices connected).
- When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
- Select once again your iPad in iTunes and the relevant backup.
You can use iCloud to erase and restore iPad. Remember though that if you are not connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network, you can’t erase the device.
- From another device, go to icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, if prompted.
- Now click All Devices at the top of your window.
- Select the iPad you are going to erase.
- Click Erase (select iPod).
- Now you can restore the device from a backup. You can also set up as new.
If you’ve never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you’ll need to use recovery mode to restore the iPod, but you’ll erase the device and its passcode in this case:
- Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
- Force restart your iPad.
- As soon as you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
- Now iTunes will download new software.
Now you can set up and use your device.
Did you know that you can sell your iPad to iGotOffer? iGotOffer makes selling your iPad as easy as ordering online at your favorite e-commerce site. No waiting, no dealing with shady characters. Just a straightforward legitimate transaction with a fast turnaround that gives you a tidy bit of money and the satisfaction that your iPad is getting a new lease on its digital life. In the rare case that an iPad breaks as the result of an accident, you can still sell it to iGotOffer. Help keep electronic devices out of landfills and put a bit of cash in your pocket.