Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop is the wireless split keyboard with a reverse tilt and a cushioned wrist rest. It features 109 thin low-profile keys plus 7 functional keys. The latter includes: play/pause, volume up, volume down, mute, page up/down. The keyboard also has a Windows key and a separate numeric pad. Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop highlight is the split and domed design for better position of your hands. When typing, your hands are cupped like those of a pianist, while your wrists and forearms are rested against a cushion at the most comfortable angle.
Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
The keyboard is paired with a Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse with a Windows Logo button for quicker access to the Start Menu.
Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop is compatible with Windows 10 32-bit\64-bit and older versions of Microsoft OS down to Windows RT 8. The keyboard also supports Mac OS X starting with Mac OS 10.7 “Lion” and Android starting with Android 3.2 “Honeycomb”, but it’s functionality will be limited under the software. iOS 7 and iOS 6 won’t be supported at all.
Product name: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
- Type: Keyboard-and-mouse.
- Keyboard Name: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard.
- Mouse Name: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse v2.0.
- Keyboard Connection: Wireless.
- Transceiver Version: Microsoft 2.4 GHz Transceiver v9.0.
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz frequency range.
- Wireless Range: 10 feet (obstacles-free).
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 8.1 / RT 8, Windows 7.
- Limited compatibility: Microsoft Windows RT, Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x- 10.10, Android 3.2 – 5.0.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / Windows RT / 7, Mac logo, Universal Mac logo.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT 8.1 / RT 8, and Windows 7, 60 MB of free disk space.
- Macintosh PC top system requirements: Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x-10.10, 30 MB of free disk space
- Software: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
- Keys number: 109.
- Encryption Features: 128-bit AES encryption.
- Hot keys: Windows 8 Charms keys, Windows Start key.
- Media keys: play/pause, volume up, volume down, mute, Page Up, Page Down.
- Keys life: 5,000,000 actuations per key.
- Dimensions: 15.4 x 8.96 x 2.32 inches.
- Average Weight: 29.5 ounces.
- Keyboard batteries: 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Wrist rest: cushioned.
- Num Pad: separate.
- Dimensions: 5.21 x 3.65 x 0.46 inches.
- Weight: 3.53 ounces.
- Num Pad batteries: 1 Lithium battery CR2430 (included).
- Mouse tracking system: Microsoft-proprietary BlueTrack Technology.
- Resolution: 1000 ppi.
- Tracking speed: 30 inches per second.
- Scroll wheel: Yes.
- Buttons: 7 buttons, Windows Logo button included.
- Right & Left Button Life: 3,000,000 actuation.
- Wheel Button Life: 250,000 actuations.
- Mouse dimensions: 3.87 x 3.13 x 2.23 inches.
- Mouse weight: 5.47 ounces.
- Mouse batteries: 2 AA alkaline batteries (included).
- Batteries life: 36 months under normal conditions.
- Transceiver interface: USB.
- Transceiver dimensions: 1.09 x 0.54 x 0.18 inches.
- Transceiver weight: 0.09 ounces.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Part #: L5V-00002.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK) Bundle ID: 1735437 (32-bit) and (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 10.
- Every keyboard should be cleaned regularly for longer life and good performance. We recommend to do it once a month, especially if you like eating at your desktop. Here’re some tips.
- Cleaning Your Keyboard: How-To
1. Unplug the transceiver from the desktop and remove the batteries from your keyboard.
2. Wipe your keyboard with a dry lint-free cloth.
3. Use a compressed air duster to remove the dust particles or crumbs from between the keys.
4. If you spilled water onto the keyboard, repeat step 1, then turn it upside down and let the residual liquid drop.
5. Take an absorbent kitchen towel and sponge the watered areas gently. Do not rub the keys!
6. You may use a hair dryer for good measure. Dry your keyboard with a hair dryer thoroughly.
7. Leave it for a while to dry, then plug back and try the performance.
8. If your keys are stuck or response with a pause, you may need to tear the keys down to dry the innards of your keyboard. Do not do this, if you don’t have enough expertise.
- As the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop is wireless, there should be no metal obstacles between the keyboard and the mouse and the receiver. With other wireless devices nearby the signal is unstable.
- Alcaline batteries are said to have 36 months of life according to the Technical Data Sheet, but in fact their lifespan is much shorter. You may want to replace them with rechargeable ones.
- Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard has a double blank space key due to the split design, but arrow keys are too far for the hand to follow.
- The mouse has a compartment for a transceiver so that you won’t lose it in travel.
- You should download and install Microsoft drivers for the mouse for better and faster scrolling.
- The keyboard doesn’t feature CapsLock, Numlock and ScrollLock light indicators, but the alerts about their activation are displayed in the screen.
- Functional and media keys as well as the Windows and the back key on the mouse are programmable.
Windows 10 Shortcuts
- Windows Key + Tab – Open the new Task View interface. You’ll see your virtual desktops and they stay open when keys are released.
- Alt + Tab – Switch between open windows.
- Windows Key + Ctrl + D – Create a new virtual desktop and switch to it
- Windows Key + Ctrl + F4 – Close the current virtual desktop.
- Windows Key + Ctrl + Left / Right – Switch to the virtual desktop on the left or right.
- Windows Key + Left – Snap current window to the left side of the screen.
- Windows Key + Right – Snap current window the the right side of the screen.
- Windows Key + Up – Snap current window to the top of the screen.
- Windows Key + Down – Snap current window to the bottom of the screen.
- Have you discovered the iGotOffer blog? It’s full of helpful personal articles and links leading to some of the world’s best-known resources about consumer electronics, news about consumer electronic market, its history and more. Reading our blog and our Microsoft Encyclopedia, you can gain valuable tips and information on many topics! Great advice is on its way to you!: iGotOffer Blog.
- Can’t help but sell here. Take a close look at the prices we offer : Sell used tablet online now.