Surface Studio Late 2016, Intel Core i5-6440HQ is the first 2-in-1 desktop with the touchscreen designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It consists of a 28-inch 4.5K “PixelSense” display on a U-shaped stand with Zero Gravity Hinge mounted on a square base. The ultra-thin display with the bezel edge can be lowered to 20º for more comfortable drawing, writing and browsing. Surface Studio is a Skylake powered system with a discrete graphic card and a hybrid drive aboard. Surface Studio (Late 2016, Intel Core i5-6440HQ) touch screen supports 10 touches, the handwriting and drawing with a Surface digital pen and the on-screen manipulating with the Surface Dial.
Surface Studio Late 2016, Intel Core i5-6440HQ
The display also houses the facial recognition sign-in IR camera, the 5 MP webcam with the 1080p resolution, the speaker’s grill along the bottom line and two microphones. Four USB 3.0 ports, Mini DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and 3.5 mm audio jacks and SD slot reader as well as the power inlet go to the back of the base. Wireless options include 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and proprietary Xbox Wireless built-in. Surface Studio (Late 2016, Intel Core i5-6440HQ) has two iterations regarding the RAM installed: either 8, or 16 GB. It also features a 28-inch 4.5K “PixelSense”, a 2.6 GHz Intel Core I5-6440HQ processor, an ARM Cortex-M processor for “PixelSense” display control, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M graphic processor with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory, a 1TB hard drive (64 GB of SDD) with 5400 RPM. Surface Studio (Late 2016, Intel Core i5-6440HQ) is shipped with the power grip-release cable, Surface Keyboard, the Surface Mouse and the Surface Pen. The Surface Dial is available for an extra cost of $99.
Introduced on: October 26, 2016.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 28.
- Display aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Pixels number: 13.5 millions.
- Resolution: 4500 x 3000 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: N\A.
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: Surface Pen.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Minimal angle: 20°.
- Display thickness: 0.5 inch.
- Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz.
- Turbo Speed: 3.5 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Intel Core I5-6440HQ (Skylake).
- Cores: 2.
- Upgrade: soldered.
- Display processor: Atmel ATSAMS70N21 ARM Cortex-M7.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M graphic processor with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory.
- On-Board RAM: 8 GB \ 16 GB dual-channel DDR4.
- Fusion drive: Yes.
- HDD storage: 1 TB, 5400 RPM, SATA interface.
- SSD storage: 64 GB (2 x 32 GB).
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- SDHX cards support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, 3.5 mm audio jack, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Xbox Wireless built-in.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer.
- Physical buttons: power, volume.
- Front webcam: 5 megapixels, 1080p.
- Windows Hello face sign-in cam: Yes.
- Preinstalled OS: Windows 10 Pro.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows 10 Pro (free).
- Supported graphic software: Windows Ink, SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk, Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Accessories: Surface Keyboard, Surface Mouse, Surface Pen, Surface Dial.
- Display dimensions: 25.09 x 17.27 x 0.44 inch maximum.
- Base dimensions: 9.84 x 8.66 x 1.26 inch maximum.
- Weight: 21.07 lb.
- Discontinued: N\A.
- Price: $2.999.
- Surface Studio Late 2016 display got a magnetic strip on one side to clip the Surface Pen on. The response time can be adjusted manually, and the line will appear immediately after the pen tip touch, or some milliseconds later.
- The desktop works in two modes: Desktop Mode with display in normal position and Studio Mode with display tilted like a drawing board. With Zero Gravity Hinge you can do it with a finger.
- Vent grills are circling the base bottom. CPU and GPU both have a heat pipe each with a separate exhaust radiator and a dedicated fan. The GPU fan is the largest of the two and sports the extra pipe to cope with the thermal load. The CPU heat sink is made of copper and is rather spacious for the casing that small.
- You can shield your Surface Studio from scratches, smudges, and chips with a tempered glass screen protector, sold separately. The screen protector works with Surface Pen.
- Surface Dial: This device allows you re-imagine physical tools in the digital world. The Surface Dial lets the user store, customize, access, and navigate his or her ideas and use the applications with more ease. The user can just use a simple “press and hold” maneuver to display the tools in a radial menu, and access every tool at the point of creation through this innovative way to interact with touchscreen technology conceived and developed by Microsoft. Learn more about Surface Dial: Microsoft Surface Dial.
- Microsoft offers a few mice suitable for every person, such as Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse, slim, contoured mouse, very comfortable, accurate, and wirelessly paired with your Bluetooth-enabled tablet; Arc Touch Mouse, which flattens for easy portability and storage (also connects to your Surface via Bluetooth). Eye-catching and stylish; Surface Mouse, meticulously designed, with the metal scroll wheel, a perfect partner for your Surface Studio Late 2016.
- Microsoft also recommends the Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard which assures high productivity with advanced comfort. The palm rest and subtle changes to the keytop geometry, split space bar, and naturally arched shape help protect the user from hand and wrist strain. According to Microsoft, “…This carefully crafted addition features a double-cushioned palm rest in two-tone grey mélange Alcantara, a proprietary material with unique aesthetic, sensory, and technical qualities.”
- Have you checked out our prices recently? Remember, the possibility to trade in your old device for top dollar cash is just a click away – Make smart decisions about your money! We at iGotOffer.com pay the best price online! Check out iGotOffer page to see all current ones: Sell used tablet now!
- You may be interested in learning more about Microsoft Surface Studio 2016 – Late 2016, Intel Core i7- 6820Q.