Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (early 2014) is the GSM version of the Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (late 2013), the cellular LTE module the only difference between them. The second tablet in the Surface line-up is a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless silver color casing with black bezel edges, a flip-out kickstand and a magnet lock for a detachable keyboard\cover. Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE got a 50% brighter 1080p HD touch screen with lower reflectivity. The screen supports 10 touches but no handwriting. The tablet is slightly bigger but lighter than its’ predecessor. Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (early 2014) features a 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD display, a 1.7 GHz Nvidia Tegra 4 (T114) processor, an ULP GeForce graphic processor with 72 graphic cores, 32 GB \ 64 GB of NAND storage aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (early 2014) has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, Dolby stereo speakers, micro HDMI, one HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a GSM powered tablet that also has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (early 2014) is shipped without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2 are backlighted and available for an extra cost.
Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (Early 2014)
Introduced on: March 18, 2014.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 10.6.
- Display aspect ratio: 16:9.
- Pixel density: 208 ppi.
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: None.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Nvidia Tegra 4 (T114) Cortex-A15.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics processor: ULP GeForce.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB.
- Storage: NAND Flash 32 GB \ 64 GB.
- Storage available to user: 18 GB \ 47 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 31.5 Wh.
- Battery Life: 10 hours of video playback.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, micro HDMI.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE.
- SIM-card: Yes.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, compass, GPS.
- Front webcam: 3.5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Rear webcam: 8.0 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows RT 8.1.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows RT 8.1.
- Online Services: Windows Store, OneDrive, Xbox Music, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight.
- Dimensions: 6.81x 10.81 x 0.35 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.49 lb
Discontinuation and Price
Discontinued: January 27, 2015 (security updates available until 2023).
- Microsoft cellular partner is AT&T, but the tablet is shipped unlocked. The 4G models also come with GPS, Assisted GPS, and GLONASS. The casing is declared to be scratches proof as compared with the first generation of Surfaces.
- The DIY community has marveled over possibility to build the Surface 2 into a coffee table. A German company dabbing in original gifts actually sold such Windows Surface Coffee Tables.
- Sell your used Apple Windows Surface to iGotOffer now! We offer the highest price online for your used gadget!