Windows Surface 3rd Gen LTE (mid-2015) is the GSM version of the Windows Surface 3rd Gen (mid-2015), the cellular LTE module the only difference between them. The third tablet in the Surface line-up is a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless silver color casing with black bezel edges, a flip-out kickstand and a magnet lock for a detachable keyboard\cover. Windows Surface 3rd Gen has switched to Intel Atom processor and runs the latest Windows 10 OS. The aspect ratio has also been changed from 16:9 to 3:2. The screen supports 10 touches but no handwriting. It is slightly bigger than that of its’ predecessor and has higher ppi value. It also supports Bluetooth active pen and handwriting. Windows Surface 3rd Gen LTE (mid-2015) features a 10.8-inch ClearType Full HD display, a quad core 1.6 GHz Intel Atom (x7-Z8700) processor, Intel HD Graphics, 64 GB \ 128 GB SSD aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface 2nd Gen LTE (late 2013) has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, Dolby stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort, one HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a GSM powered tablet, that also has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface 3rd Gen LTE (mid-2015) is shipped unlocked without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2 and a Wacom N-trig Active are available for an extra cost.
Windows Surface 3rd Gen LTE (Mid-2015)
Introduced on: July 24, 2015
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 10.8.
- Display aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Pixel density: 214 ppi.
- Resolution: 1920×1280 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: None.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Atom x7-Z8700.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB.
- Storage: Solid state drive 64 GB \ 128 GB.
- Storage available to user: 37 GB \ 97 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 31.5 Wh.
- Battery Life: 10 hs of video playback.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort, Bluetooth active pen.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE.
- SIM-card: Yes.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, compass, GPS, GLONASS.
- Front webcam: 3.5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Rear webcam: 8.0 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows RT 8.1.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows RT 10.
- Online Services: Windows Store, OneDrive, Xbox Music, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom N-trig Active Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight.
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 10.5 x 0.34 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.38 lb
Discontinued: due to the end of 2016.
- To turn your Surface 3 into a powerful desktop, use Surface 3 docking station. It features 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0 ports and an Ethernet port. With the docking station you can plug in printers and other periphery. The docking station can also charge your Surface 3.
- You want to switch to a new PC but don’t have enough means? We at iGotOffer help you save money for your new purchase. We pay the best price online for your old electronic devices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.