Apple Watch 9 Release Date and Price – 2X BATTERY LIFE UPGRADES!
Video uploaded by Matt Talks Tech on July 30, 2023
Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2 Can Have a Major Upgrade
According to leaks, the Apple Watch is getting ready for a major upgrade this year. The new Apple Watch Series 9 (and Ultra 2) could have a big jump in performance.
The Apple Watch Series 9 is likely to launch in September, along with the iPhone 15 and other devices as usual. The Apple Watch series has been getting minor upgrades for the past few years, but a new report says a new processor will make this year’s watches much faster.
The Apple Watch Series 6, which came out in 2020, was the first to use the S6 chip. The S6 chip, and the later S7 and S8 chips, were based on the A13 Bionic chip that was originally made for the iPhone 11. This includes the Apple Watch 8, Apple Watch SE 2 and Apple Watch Ultra that came out last year.
However, a report from Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman says that the Apple Watch Series 9’s new S9 processor will be a “significant improvement”, the first meaningful processor change for the Apple Watch since the S6.
The new processor for the Apple Watch Series 9 and the rumored Apple Watch Ultra 2 could make this year’s watches very exciting. Gurman also says that there will be no SE 3 this year, because the best cheap Apple Watch is updated every two years, not every year.
The new operating system for the Apple Watch Series 9, watchOS 10, was shown at Apple’s WWDC event in June 2023. The new OS had improved cycling features and measurements, more widgets and new watch faces, including one with Snoopy.
Some reviews of the Apple Watch Series 8 last year gave it four stars, but said it was the smallest Apple Watch upgrade in years. Many think that Apple could make small changes every year, instead of waiting for a few years to make big changes. But Gurman says we were wrong. The Apple Watch Series 9 with a more powerful processor is good news, because it needs to compete with its Android rivals. Samsung recently changed the Snapdragon chipset in its Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 range, so it’s good to see that Apple is not falling behind.
What Version of the Apple Watch Is the Best?
Well, there are different versions of the Apple Watch that you can choose from. The Apple Watch Series 8 is the most affordable one, but it has the least features and the slowest processor. The Apple Watch SE 2 is a bit more expensive, but it has more sensors and a bigger screen. The Apple Watch Ultra is the most expensive one, but it has the most advanced features and the best battery life. And the Apple Watch Series 9 is the newest one, but it’s not available yet. It will have the fastest processor and the latest operating system.
The Apple Watch comes in different colors, such as silver, gold, black, blue, red and green. You can also choose different bands, such as leather, metal, silicone or nylon. You can mix and match the colors and the bands to create your own style.
Differences Between Apple Watch Series 9 (rumors!)
Well, according to some web sources, the main differences between the Apple Watch Series 9 and the Ultra 2 are:
- The Ultra 2 has a larger screen (2.1 inches) than the Series 9 (1.9 inches) and a new glass that is more scratch-resistant.
- The Ultra 2 has a new titanium finish in dark color, while the Series 9 has a new pink color option.
- Both models have a new S9 chip that is faster and more efficient than the previous generation, and support Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 for better connectivity.
- Both models run on watchOS 10, which has new features such as cycling tools, widgets and watch faces.
- Apple Watch Series 9 ‘Basically Unchanged’ Other Than Performance Boost From S9 Chip – MacRumors
- Sell pre-owned Apple Watch online – iGotOffer
- Everything About Apple’s Products – The complete guide to all Apple consumer electronic products, including technical specifications, identifiers and other valuable information.