Google Pixel 5-inch (Late 2016)
Google Pixel 5-inch (late 2016) is the first Android smartphone entirely designed and engineered by Google and sold as the company’s own brand. It runs under Android 7.1 Nougat Exclusive Edition and opens up the Pixel smartphones line-up.
Google Pixel 5-inch (late 2016) has an aluminum body with a glass panel on the top half of the rear casing, which houses the camera and fingerprint sensor. The connectivity includes USB Type-C connector supporting the USB 3.0, for power and data exchange and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Wireless connectivity includes the fastest 4G and LTE broadband connection, as well as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and NFC. But, there’s no radio available.
The smaller of the two Pixel smartphones, features a 1080p AMOLED screen with a 2770 mAh battery. It is powered with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 system-on-chip, Adreno 530 graphics, 4 GB of RAM, 32 GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage. The multimedia includes a 12.3-megapixel rear-facing camera with a Sony IMX378 sensor, with 1.55 μm pixels and an 8-megapixel front-facing, HD camera.
Google Pixel 5-inch (late 2016) is available either from the Google on-line store, or from local mobile providers as a part of the deal.
- Type: Smartphone.
- Form-factor: Monoblock.
- Introduced on: 2016, October.
- Network: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS.
- NFC: Yes.
- Radio: No.
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM.
- Browser: HTML5.
- Java: No.
- SIM: Nano-SIM.
- Dimensions: 5.66 x 2.74 x 0.33 in.
- Weight: 5.04 oz.
- Protection: splash and dust resistant.
- Display: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Display size: 5.0 inches.
- Screen-to-body ratio: ~69.0%.
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- Pixel Density: ~441 ppi.
- Multi-touch: Yes.
- Protection: 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- OS: Android OS, v7.1 (Nougat).
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821.
- CPU: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo).
- GPU: Adreno 530.
- Internal Memory: 32 GB.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Card slot: No.
- Rear cam: 12.3 MP, f/2.0, EIS (gyro), phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
- Features: 1/2.3″ sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps.
- Front selfie cam: 8 MP, f/2.4, 1/3.2″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p.
- Video: MP4/H.264.
- Audio: MP3/WAV/eAAC+.
- Audio Quality: noise -93.0dB / crosstalk -92.6dB.
- Sockets: 3.5mm jack, USB v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- Input/Output: speakers, loudspeaker, microphone.
- Sensors: fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2770 mAh battery.
- Stand-by: Up to 456 h (3G).
- Talk time: Up to 26 h (3G).
- Music play: Up to 110 h.
- Quick Charge Feature: Yes.
- Colors: Quite Black, Very Silver, Really Blue.
- Software from the Box: Fast battery charging, MP4/H.264 player, MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player, Photo/video editor, Document editor.
- Benchmarks Results: Basemark OS II: 2901 / Basemark OS II 2.0: 2461 /.
- Basemark X: 33023.
- Previously, for the Pixel line-up, Google ventured into co-developing flagship Android devices under the Nexus brand. The Nexus smartphones have been designed to be “reference” devices for the Android platform, in other words, as a guide to other OEMs. But, at the same time, they were to retain internal similarities to other devices made by their respective partners. The Pixel smartphones stand apart, because they don’t resemble the devices of HTC – the Google contract manufacturer. Google’s refusal to dual-brand the device is the reason why the other large smartphones’ manufacturer – Huawei – has declined the offer.
- Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones run under Android 7.1 “Nougat”, an exclusive update to 7.0 with special features reserved specially for Google own smartphones. For example, an extended set of emojis, featuring various profession and the GIF ‘image keyboard’. Another nice feature, is that it can recognize multiple motion gestures: double-tapping the screen shows alerts, raising the device wakes the screen and shaking the device with the rear camera on wakes the front camera.
- Pixel smartphones from now on, are the first to get the latest Android versions, while other Android and Nexus devices have to wait for the roll-out.
- The digital image stabilization system in the Pixel’s camera, is tied to the phone’s gyroscope and motion sensors at a sampling rate of 200 Hz. While active, the camera is capturing 30 captures per second. With the shutter button pressed, up to 10 of these frames are composed to form a single image. The number of frames is adjustable. All Pixel smartphones come with the unlimited, full-resolution Google Photos backup, for the life of the device.
- The Pixel smartphone supports all Google services, a Google assistant and the Google Daydream virtual reality platform.
- The Google Daydream virtual reality platform is part of the Google Home ecosystem that includes the Google Assistant as well.
- The Pixel smartphone closest competitor is the iPhone 7, but the Google smartphone has an upper hand here, since it features the 3.5 mm audio jack that the new iPhone lacks.
- Sadly, the Pixel smartphone lacks the proper water resistance. Here it loses to Sony, Samsung and Apple wearables.
Why not sell the devices you don’t need any more to iGotOffer? Check out our prices. We pay the best price online for your used electronics, just drop by our page. We’ll give you a free instant quote, fully insured shipping at no cost and guarantee a fast and secure payment.
nt. Save money with us for your new model! – Google Pixel (5-inch) smartphone for sell.