Google Pixel C: New Android Based Tablet with Keyboard
Pixel C is a tablet developed by Google, and unveiled on September 29, 2015. The Pixel C is an Android tablet powered by a big LITTLE octa-core Nvidia Tegra X1 system-on-chip. The Pixel C features a 10.2-inch 2560 × 1800 resolution IPS panel. The tablet is available in 32 GB, as well as 64 GB models. It ships with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Google is proud of this keyboard which is perfectly sized to the Pixel table and has the same high-quality metal shell than the tablet itself. The keyboard accessory is optional, but can attach to the tablet magnetically via a hinge. The keyboard is battery powered (but can be charged inductively by the tablet itself if attached to the front of the tablet as well) and can be attached via Bluetooth to the front or back of the tablet when not in use.
The tablet recognizes when the keyboard is connected, and it hides the on screen keyboard immediately. Because of the keyboard, the Pixel C can convert from a tablet to a laptop-like form. If you want to enjoy the internet, you can pull off the keyboard and use the device as a tablet. If you want to focus on productivity, simply snap the keyboard on and type as if you are on a laptop.
The Pixel C is quite powerful and has a very solid look and feel to it. The tablet is made by the same team responsible for the Chromebook Pixel, even if the Pixel C runs Android. We think that overall, the device is impressive.
The Pixel C is different from most Android tablets, though. The concept behind it is simple: You have a hybrid device that meets all of your mobile computing needs and that is built from the start with the future in mind, as the Pixel program’s goal has always been to “push the experience forward”.
Pixel C Full Specifications
- Device type: Tablet.
- Operating System: Android (7.1, 7.0, 6.0).
- Dimensions: 9.53 x 7.05 x 0.28 inches.
- Average weight: 17.6 oz (499 g)
- Materials used for the main body of the tablet: Aluminum.
- Display’s Physical size: 10.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2560 x 1800 pixels.
- Pixel density: 308 ppi.
- Technology: LCD.
- Screen-to-body ratio: 72.29 %.
- Peak brightness: 500 cd/m2 (nit).
- Features: Oleophobic coating, Light sensor, Proximity sensor.
- Camera: 8 megapixels.
- Hardware Features: Autofocus.
- Software Features: Geo tagging.
- Camcorder: 1920 x 1080 (1080p HD).
- Front-facing camera: 2.1 megapixels.
- System chip: NVIDIA Tegra X1.
- Processor: Octa-core, ARM Cortex-A57 and ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit.
- Graphics processor: NVIDIA Maxwell.
- System memory: 3 GB RAM.
- Built-in storage: 64 GB.
- Battery Type: The battery is not user replaceable.
- Multimedia: Music player.
- Music player filter by: Album, Artist, Genre, Playlists.
- Music player features: Album art cover, Background playback.
- Speakers: Stereo speakers.
- Additional microphone(s): for Noise cancellation.
- Phone features, sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Hall.
- Phones features, notifications: Flight mode, Silent mode.
- Other phone features: Voice commands, Voice recording.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth – 4.1. Wi-Fi – 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, dual-band.
- USB: Yes.
- Connector: USB Type-C (reversible).
- Features: Mass storage device, USB charging.
- Navigation: Yes.
- Other: Tethering, Computer sync, OTA.
- If you get tired of your old Google Pixel, you can always trade in your used device for top dollars cash: Check our prices and sell Pixel online now!