LifeChat LX-2000 is the circumaural PC wired headset designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It is the budget headset with in-cord controls and a 3.5 jack interface. LifeChat LX-2000 is compatible with the portables under iOS and Android but lacks the Windows Live button for one-press call. The headset looks bulkier than the Life Chat LX- 3000, the ear-cups being larger as well as the microphone itself, but boasts a foldable design. The connecting cable is also 25 inches longer. LifeChat LX-3000 features the stereo ear-cups with leatherette embouchures and uni-directional swiveling microphone.
The in-cord controls are installed into a flat plastic body with a LED indicator and includes volume up, volume down and mute.
- Product name: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000.
- Type: Wired Headset.
- Headset Connection: high speed USB 2.0.
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 8.1 / RT 8, Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10 Phone.
- Limited compatibility: Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x- 10.10, Android 3.2 – 5.0.
- PC top system requirements: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / 7, audio input/output ports.
- Headset Length: 7.04 inches.
- Headset Width: 6.38 inches.
- Headset Depth/Height: 3.11 inches.
- Headset Weight: 8.32 ounces.
- Headset Cable Length: 98.4 inches +6/-0 inches.
- Keyboard cable length: 78.7 inches.
- Headset Form Factor: circumaural.
- Sound Output Mode: stereo.
- Headphones Form Factor: ear-cup.
- Embouchures’ Material: leatherette.
- Microphone: built-in, uni-directional.
- Acoustic Noise Cancellation: yes.
- Microphone Feature: pivoting with 180° movement.
- Volume Controls: in-cord.
- Controls: volume up, volume down, mute.
- Special Feature: foldable design.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Part #: 2AA-00008.
- Price: $ 29.95.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK) ID: 1751986 (32-bit and 64-bit) Microsoft Windows 10,1608648 (32-bit) and 1608649 (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 8.1.
- Headphones are the devices to convert the electricity into sound waves. That’s why the top feature of any headphones of headset is the impedance, measured in kHz or ohms. The higher is the figure in the specifications, the more power the headphones use. Most modern headsets and headphones have low impedance and can work with portable devices which run on batteries.
- Another important feature is the sensitivity or sound pressure measured in decibels per volt. The higher is the figure, the louder are the headphones. Obviously, the voltage top level is limited to the audio gadget power. Fewer portable players can produce the same sound as do the large musical centers. Besides, due to impairing character of the loud sound, the manufacturers cut down the portable players’ volume by installing an extra circuit. In some countries, for instance, in France, such a cut-up is obligatory for entering the market.
- Also, headphones can be noise-cancelling, cutting off any ambient sound. The noise reduction can be passive and active. The noise reduction technology applied to a headset of headphones depends on their shape. Open-back and earbud headphones feature passive cancellation, while closed-back and in-ear ones – the active cancellation.
- The first patent for noise reduction system was given to Paul Lueg in 1934. Since then the noise reduction has been greatly improved but the basic principle remains the same. The headset or the headphones picks up the ambient sound, amplify it and play in phase-reversed form. The person can’t hear the phase-reversed sound but nevertheless it effects the hearing and the brain and can cause severe headaches. Some people can’t use headsets with noise reduction because of that.
Healthy tips for preserving your hearing
- The sound from the headphones goes directly to your ears. Please, do not max the volume of your desktop when using the headphones. The comfort health level is within 90 decibels.
- Make sure you have proper pauses in between using the headphones. 15 minutes will do enough for your hearing to take a rest from it.
- Avoid using noise reduction headphones in hazardous situations and environment, i. e. subway stations, railway stations, packed streets. You may not be able to appreciate the oncoming danger in time to avoid it.
- If you already have some problems with your hearing, please, consult your physician before using any headphones at all.
- Trade in your old electronic gadget for top cash: Sell used electronics online now.
Microsoft LX-2000 PC Headset – Review [Video]
Video published by YoniTechVids on July 1, 2012.