LifeChat LX-3000 – Full Information
LifeChat LX-3000 is the circumaural PC wired headset designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It is a budget headset with in-cord controls and a USB 2.0 interface. LifeChat LX-3000 is not compatible with the portables under iOS and Android, it’s meant for PC live chats only. LifeChat LX-3000 features the stereo ear-cups with leatherette embouchures and uni-directional swiveling microphone and the physical Windows Live button with the one-touch call. But this function is available in Windows Live Messenger only. The in-cord controls are installed into a flat plastic body with a LED indicator and includes volume up, volume down and mute.
- Product name: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000.
- Type: Wired Headset.
- Headset Connection: high speed USB 2.0.
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 8.1 / RT 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2.
- Limited compatibility: Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x- 10.10.
- Unsupported OS: Android, iOS.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / 7, Skype™ for Business Certified.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: 60 MB of free disk space, USB 1.1 socket (USB 2.0 recommended).
- Software: None.
- Headset Length: 7.04 inches.
- Headset Width: 6.38 inches.
- Headset Depth/Height: 3.11 inches.
- Headset Weight: 8.32 ounces.
- Headset Cable Length: 72.0 inches +6/-0 inches.
- Keyboard cable length: 78.7 inches.
- Headset Form Factor: circumaural.
- Sound Output Mode: stereo.
- Headphones Form Factor: ear-cup.
- Embouchures’ Material: leatherette.
- Microphone: built-in, uni-directional.
- Acoustic Noise Cancellation: yes.
- Microphone Feature: pivoting with 180° movement.
- Volume Controls: in-cord.
- Controls: volume up, volume down, mute.
- Physical Button: Windows Live Call Button.
- Call Button Life: 10,000 actuations.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Part #: JUG-00013.
- Price: $ 39.95.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK) ID: 1751986 (32-bit and 64-bit) Microsoft Windows 10,1608648 (32-bit) and 1608649 (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 8.1.
- Headphones are the devices to convert the electricity into sound waves. That’s why the top feature of any headphones of headset is the impedance, measured in kHz or ohms. The higher is the figure in the specifications, the more power the headphones use. Most modern headsets and headphones have low impedance and can work with portable devices which run on batteries.
- Another important feature is the sensitivity or sound pressure measured in decibels per volt. The higher is the figure, the louder are the headphones. Obviously, the voltage top level is limited to the audio gadget power. Fewer portable players can produce the same sound as do the large musical centers. Besides, due to impairing character of the loud sound, the manufacturers cut down the portable players’ volume by installing an extra circuit. In some countries, for instance, in France, such a cut-up is obligatory for entering the market.
- Also, headphones can be noise-cancelling, cutting off any ambient sound. The noise reduction can be passive and active. The noise reduction technology applied to a headset of headphones depends on their shape. Open-back and earbud headphones feature passive cancellation, while closed-back and in-ear ones – the active cancellation.
- The first patent for noise reduction system was given to Paul Lueg in 1934. Since then the noise reduction has been greatly improved but the basic principle remains the same. The headset or the headphones picks up the ambient sound, amplify it and play in phase-reversed form. The person can’t hear the phase-reversed sound but nevertheless it effects the hearing and the brain and can cause severe headaches. Some people can’t use headsets with noise reduction because of that.
- Please, be aware that excessive use of headphones can damage your hearing badly, as the sound reaches the ears directly. Don’t max the volume of your player, keep it within 90 decibels. Try to limit the time you spend with your headphones on. That might not be more than 15 minutes in a row.
- Try to avoid using noise reduction headphones in hazardous situations and environment, i. e. subway stations, railway stations, packed streets. You may not be able to appreciate the oncoming danger in time to avoid it.
- Microsoft Headsets: LifeChat LX-3000 – Microsoft Accessories
- Sell your old Microsoft device online – iGotOffer
- News and Reviews About Electronic Gadgets and Apps – iGotOffer Blog
Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 Unboxing and Audio test [Video]
Video uploaded by TechStuff on December 25, 2012.
Purchased this headphones and never could adapt to them, had to buy a new one. Never’ll use LifeChat accessory again.