Getting Ready to Sell My Mac Mini
If you have a little time to spare, clean physically up your old Mac Mini before you sell it to get rid of that cruft and crumbs on the keyboard and mouse. Unplug everything, grab a microfiber cloth and wipe the screen, the keyboard and the case. If you have one of the older keyboards, turn it upside down and give it a good shake to get rid of food crumbs, dust and cat hair between the keys. You can use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to clean the keyboard. Your used Mac Mini might even need a touch up with iKlear or a similar spray.
Before You Sell Used Mac Mini: Turn Off FileVault Disk Encryption
If you activate FileVault in OS X 10.7 or later, turn it off before selling you old Mac Mini. Indeed, when you turn off FileVault, encryption is turned off and the contents of your disk are decrypted.
The decryption could take a while, depending on how much information you have stored. However you can still use your computer to do other tasks while the decryption is occurring.
To turn off FileVault:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click FileVault
- Click the lock to unlock the preferences pane, next enter an administrator name and password
- Click Turn Off FileVault
- Click Turn Off Encryption
Important note: Deleting documents, contacts, reminders, documents, photo streams, or any other iCloud data while signed in to your iCloud account will lead to the removal of all this content from the iCloud servers. These documents also will be deleted from all of your devices that are signed in to iCloud.
- iGotOffer Encyclopedia: all information about Apple products, electronic devices, operating systems and apps.
- Best place to sell my Mac Mini online. Free shipping and top price guaranteed. BBB A+ rated business.
Copyright © 2016 iGotOffer.com. All rights reserved.