Getting Ready to Sell iPad Online
Sell iPad online: Before you sell your used iPad mini 3 or Retina Display, make sure that you’ve removed all of your personal data.
Getting ready to sell iPad online, do the following:
- Back up your iPad.
- Sign out of iCloud. To sign out of iCloud tap Settings > iCloud, and scroll down.
- Now tap Sign Out.
- Next head to Settings > General > Reset.
- Once there, tap Erase All Content and Settings.
After you perform these actions, the iPad you are preparing for sale will be completely deleted: Any credit or debit cards you added for Apple Pay will be erased. Any apps, music, photos, documents, etc, will be erased too. By doing so, you turn off all the services, such as FaceTime, iCloud, Game Center, iMessage and other. Your old device will be erased and removed from your account.
You can configure your iPad to erase itself after ten consecutive incorrect password attempts. The setting that allows the device to erase itself after ten consecutive incorrect password entries can be turned on by tapping Settings > General > Passcode Lock (Note that this setting is set off by default).
If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your iPad Retina display. In this case you’ll have to use the computer with which you last synced the iPad.
This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device or restore from a backup. If you restore on a computer that was never synced with your iPad Retina Display, you will be able to unlock the device and remove the passcode.
After you sell old iPad, Setup Assistance will guide the new owner through the setup process when they turn on iPad for the first time. Note that your content won’t be deleted from iCloud when you erase your iPad.
Transfer iCloud Backup to a New Device
If you want to transfer iCloud Backup to a new Device, including iPad, turn on your new device. A Hello screen should now appear. If you’ve already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.
- Press the Home button when you see the Hello screen
- Follow steps until you see the Wi-Fi screen
- Tap a Wi-Fi network to join. Follow steps until you see the Apps & Data screen
- Now tap Restore from iCloud Backup > Next
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password
- When asked, choose a backup. Make sure it’s the correct one by checking the date and size of each. You may be asked to update to a newer version of iOS
- If you purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you’ll be prompted to sign in to each. But you can skip this step by tapping “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it” in case you can’t remember the passwords.
- Now just stay connected and wait for the restore process to finish, then complete the rest of the onscreen setup steps.
Note: If possible, keep your device connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into power after setup. This allows content like your photos, music, and apps stored in iCloud to automatically download back to your device.
- Apple Encyclopedia: all information about company, products, electronic devices, operating systems and apps from iGotOffer experts.
- iGotOffer.com: the best place to sell my used iPad online. The top cash guaranteed. Free quote, free shipping. BBB A+ rated business.
Copyright © 2016 iGotOffer.com. All rights reserved.