Selling Your iPhone
Your Cell Phone is with you wherever you go, but after a while, you want to keep up with the evolving technology and decide to buy a new phone. Or perhaps one day it drops and breaks, or you may misplace it only to find it much later after you have bought a new one. So, now you are using your new cell phone for work and personal business, to talk with friends and family, to text, to take pictures and to browse the internet while your old phone sits in a drawer at home.
ERASE YOUR IPHONE BEFORE YOUR SELL IT
Before you sell your old phone, you will want to make sure that you erase all the data and settings that are currently on it. Be sure however, that you have a backup done before erasing (if you have anything on there you will want to keep), since there is no way to get it back after cleaning your phone out. There are different ways you can erase your phone:
If you’ve synced with iTunes, erase with iTunes. If you’ve synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can restore the device:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer you synced with.
- Open iTunes. If prompted to enter a passcode, try a computer you’ve synced with, or use recovery mode.
- Wait for iTunes to sync your device.
- Make a backup.
- Once the backup has finished, click Restore (select your iPhone from the list of the devices).
- When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
- Select once again your iPhone in iTunes. Look at the date and size of the backups and pick the most recent or relevant one.
You can use iCloud to erase and restore iPhone (you must be connected via network or Wi-Fi).
- From another device, head to icloud.com/find.
- If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click All Devices at the top of your window.
- Select the device you want to erase.
- Click Erase (select iPhone from the list).
- Now you can either restore the device from a backup or set up as new.
If you’ve never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you’ll need to use recovery mode to restore the iPhone, but you’ll erase the device and its passcode in this case:
- Connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Force restart your iPhone.
- As soon as you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
- iTunes will download new software.
- Now you can set up and use your device.
- Did you know that you can sell that old cell phone to iGotOffer? iGotOffer will take it off your hands for the best possible price.
- You don’t have to think about it anymore, you don’t have to worry about who you are selling it to, or make special arrangements to meet up with that person. iGotOffer makes selling your cell phone easy, we will pay for the cost of shipping it to us, and you will get the best possible price for your device. Visit iGotOffer.com for a quote on the electronic device you wish to sell.