Top 20 US Cities for Tech Startup Funding
Tech startups in these 20 metro areas received the most venture capital funding in 2014.
In the first nine months of 2014, venture capitalists poured $24 billion into tech startups around the US, according to the National Venture Capital Association. About half of that funding went to start ups in California, namely San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Here are the top 20 metropolitan areas receiving funding through September 30, of 2014 ranked by the highest funding amount. These include tech startups for business services, software, networking, and telecom. They exclude biotech, medical devices, energy, retail, and some other domains.
The first city on the list has made 506 deals for around $10 billion. The last on the list has 35 deals for around $124 million.
This list of cities, funding amounts, and number of deals are liable to change at any time.
- San Francisco, $9.32 billion, 506 deals
- San Jose, California (Silicon Valley), $3.78 billion, 237deals
- New York, $3.05 billion, 272 deals
- Boston, $1.05 billion, 158 deals
- Los Angeles-Long Beach, California (Silicon Beach), $768 million, 105 deals
- Oakland, California, $510 million, 41 deals
- Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Washington, $471 million, 56 deals
- Provo-Orem, Utah, $462 million, 9 deals
- Washington D.C., $456 million, 77 deals
- Chicago, $402 million, 57 deals
- Austin-San Marcos, Texas, $315 million, 58 deals
- Salt Lake City-Ogden, Utah, $275 million, 16 deals
- Denver, $240 million, 26 deals
- Atlanta, $233 million, 32 deals
- Orange County, California, $212 million, 46 deals
- San Diego, $140 million, 31 deals
- Phoenix, $136 million, 12 deals
- Dallas, $132 million, 21 deals
- Philadelphia, $125 million, 32 deals
- Pittsburgh, $124 million, 35 deals
- Apple Encyclopedia: all information about products, electronic devices, operating systems and apps from iGotOffer.com experts.
- And if you want to save money for a new start up project or just to buy a new gadget, you can easily sell your old electronics at iGotOffer.com