Designer Bluetooth Mouse – Full Information
Designer Bluetooth Mouse is the wireless slim flat mouse. It features two buttons – the left one and the right one- and the scroll wheel. The Designer Bluetooth Mouse features the proprietary BlueTrack technology. Blue stands for the laser, which is blue with the higher precision level than the general red laser.
Designer Bluetooth Mouse
Designer Bluetooth Mouse works on any surface, smooth and mirror-like or fibered. It can be paired with Surface Studio or tablet. The mouse features a special Bluetooth button just above the compartment lid on the bottom of the device. It’s used for smooth and quick pairing with the PC or the tablet. Designer Bluetooth Mouse is powered with 3 AAA alkaline batteries with an approximate life of 6 months.
- Product name: Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse.
- Mouse Name: Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse.
- Type: mouse.
- Mouse Connection: Wireless.
- Wireless Platform: Nordic nRF51822 (Bluetooth Low Energy).
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz frequency range.
- Wireless Range: 32 feet (obstacles-free) in open air, up to 16 feet in office environment.
- Bluetooth Profile Support: HID Over Gatt Profile (HOGP).
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 8.1 / RT 8, Windows Phone.
- Limited compatibility: Mac OS 10.8 – 10.10 iOS 8, Android 4.2 – 5.0.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT , Android Logo, Bluetooth smart logo.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT 8, 60 MB of free disk space, Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Macintosh PC top system requirements: Mac OS 10.8 – 10.10 iOS 8, 30 MB of free disk space, Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Android top system requirements: Android 4.2 – 5.0, Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Software: None.
- Mouse tracking system: Microsoft-proprietary BlueTrack Technology.
- Resolution: 1000 ppi.
- Tracking speed: 10 inches per second.
- Scroll wheel: Yes.
- Mouse Button Features: 3 buttons.
- Right & Left Button Life: 3,000,000 actuations at no more than 2.5 actuations per second.
- Mouse Scrolling Features: Standard vertical scrolling.
- Wheel Vertical Scrolling Life: 100,000 revolutions (away from user); 300,000 revolutions (towards user).
- Mouse dimensions: 4.22 x 2.36 x 1.02 inches.
- Mouse weight: 2.82 ounces.
- Mouse batteries: 3 AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Batteries life: 6 months under normal conditions.
- Color: black.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Part #: 7N9-00001.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK): Mouse ID: 1705706 (32-bit), 1705707 (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 8.1, and 1705708 Microsoft Windows 8.1 RT.
- Price: $29.95.
- Designer Bluetooth Mouse is available separately or as a part of the Designer Bluetooth Desktop.
- The mouse as such doesn’t feature any special or media keys. It’s simple and sleek, but rather flat. In a way, it’s a black carbon copy of Apple Magic Mouse save the scroll wheel. And unlike the Magic Mouse, the Designer Bluetooth Mouse allows to click both buttons simultaneously. The batteries compartment lid slides up to open and is held in place by magnets. When the mouse is active, a tiny white LED indicator, placed on its’ ‘back’ is on. There’s no need to switch off the mouse as it lapses into a stand-by mode after a short period of idling.
- The Designer Bluetooth Mouse features the proprietary BlueTrack Technology that allows it to work on any surface, glass and marble including. The key is the high-angle imaging optics which generate more exact surface images instead of blurry, out-of-focus ones, as can be produced by many of the leading laser mice. The blue light laser helps create high-resolution, high-contrast images for better navigation. The wider beam enables illumination of a larger surface area and allows more light to return to the sensor. This goes a long way towards tracking on irregular surfaces like carpet or sofa upholstery, where a smaller beam could get lost between the individual fibers.
- Can’t help but sell here. We buy old electronics online for top price. Take a close look at the prices we offer: Sell old Microsoft device online now.
Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse Review – Surprisingly good! [Video]
Video published by techbaek on June 27, 2016.
Aside of the Bluetooth mouse there are many other useful gadgets you can mention, such as Apple Watch Series 2 which relies on a wirelessly connected iPhone to perform certain functions through the Bluetooth (note that to pair Apple Watch you will need iPhone 5 or later model). The Apple Watch is distinguished by various combinations of cases and Apple or third party interchangeable bands of different types and colors. You could add this info, but I’aware that this’s about Microsfot, but anyway… Me enjoying, will read more. Thanks!
do you remember when Apple engineers hated the way Magic Mouse slid on the table? They teamed up to solve the problem and change it’s ‘belly’ shape. Microsoft has never had any problems of the kind. Their designers were more competent. Not any more, I’m afraid.