Microsoft Surface Mouse – Full information
Surface Mouse is the wireless slim flat mouse. It features two buttons – the left one and the right one and the scroll wheel. The Surface Mouse features the proprietary BlueTrack technology. Blue stands for the laser, which is blue with the higher precision level than the general red laser.
Microsoft Surface Mouse
Surface Mouse works on any surface, smooth and mirror-like or fibered. It can be paired with Surface Studio or tablet. The mouse features a special Bluetooth button just above the compartment lid on the bottom of the device. It’s used for smooth and quick pairing with the PC or the tablet. Surface Mouse is powered with 2 AAA alkaline batteries with an approximate life of 12 months.
- Product name: Microsoft Surface Mouse.
- Mouse Name: Microsoft Surface Mouse.
- Type: mouse.
- Mouse Connection: Wireless.
- Wireless Platform: Bluetooth 4.0 / 4.1 Low Energy.
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz frequency range.
- Wireless Range: 50 feet (obstacles-free) in open air, up to 23 feet in office environment.
- Bluetooth Profile Support: HID Over Gatt Profile (HOGP).
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8, Windows Phone.
- Limited compatibility: Mac OS 10.8 – 10.10 iOS 8, Android 4.2 – 5.0.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, Bluetooth smart logo.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8, 60 MB of free disk space, Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Macintosh PC top system requirements: Mac OS 10.8 – 10.10 iOS 8, 30 MB of free disk space, Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Android top system requirements: Android 4.2 – 5.0, Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Software: None.
- Mouse tracking system: Microsoft-proprietary BlueTrack Technology.
- Resolution: 1000 ppi.
- Tracking speed: 10 inches per second.
- Scroll wheel: Yes.
- Mouse Button Features: 3 buttons.
- Right & Left Button Life: 3,000,000 actuations at no more than 2.5 actuations per second.
- Mouse Scrolling Features: Standard vertical scrolling.
- Wheel Vertical Scrolling Life: 100,000 revolutions (away from user); 300,000 revolutions (towards user).
- Mouse dimensions: 4.53 x 2.52 x 1.32 inches.
- Mouse weight: 3.21 ounces.
- Mouse batteries: 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Batteries life: 12 months under normal conditions.
- Color: silver-grey.
- Warranty: 1 years.
- Part #: WS3-00001.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK): ID: 1894410 Windows.
- Price: $49.99.
- Though the Surface Mouse looks much like the Designer Bluetooth Mouse, it’s an inch longer and wider and an ounce heavier.
- The mouse also doesn’t feature any special or media keys. It’s simple and sleek, and rather flat. In a way, it’s a carbon copy of Apple Magic Mouse including the color. But unlike the Magic Mouse, the Surface Mouse allows to click both buttons simultaneously. The batteries compartment lid slides up to open and is held in place by magnets. When the mouse is active, a tiny white LED indicator, placed on its’ ‘back’ is on. There’s no need to switch off the mouse as it lapses into a stand-by mode after a short period of idling.
- The Surface Mouse features the proprietary BlueTrack Technology that allows it to work on any surface, glass and marble including. The key is the high-angle imaging optics which generate more exact surface images instead of blurry, out-of-focus ones, as can be produced by many of the leading laser mice. The blue light laser helps create high-resolution, high-contrast images for better navigation. The wider beam enables illumination of a larger surface area and allows more light to return to the sensor. This goes a long way towards tracking on irregular surfaces like carpet or sofa upholstery, where a smaller beam could get lost between the individual fibers.
- The Surface Mouse is part of the Surface products line-up and is designed to fit the Surface Studio or tablet. But logically, there’s no need in a mouse when working with a tablet, is there? What makes this mouse so comfortable is the lack of the dongle to plug into the PC. It uses the Bluetooth LE and saves one USB port free.
- But with comfort comes some faults as well. Bluetooth connection should be obstacles-free, especially, metal obstacles free as metal can warp the radio waves. With a PC it cannot be a problem, but when using the mouse with your home PC theater make sure nothing comes in the way.
Why not sell the devices you don’t need anymore to iGotOffer. Check out our prices. We pay the best price online for your used electronics, just drop by our page igotoffer.com Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment. Save money with us for your new model! – Sell electronics online now.
Surface Mouse First Look. Video uploaded by Sakura First Look on October 27, 2016.
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!