The anticipated further announcement of the all-in-one digital conference system was made on April 17th, with its expected price, specifications and introduction dates finally revealed. As previously announced in September, Microsoft expects to firstly introduce the Surface Hub 2S in the upcoming months of 2019, to then present the Surface Hub 2X featuring an upgrade of both its core runners and several other features in the later 2020.
Microsoft Surface Hub 2S
The Surface Hub 2S will succeed the March 2016 model, originally available in the two variants of 55” and 84”, the 55” Intel Core i5-based model priced at $6,999 at the launching event and its Intel Core i7 84” version sold at $19,999.
The 2020-expected model is claimed to feature identical hardware to the 2S variations, while also suggesting a number of feature updates and upgrades made to the 2X.
The Surface Hub 2S offers support for 4K cameras with their ability to rotate together with the device, alongside pre-integrated speakers and far-field microphones.
|Official Name||Microsoft Surface Hub 2S|
|Type||All-in-One Digital Conference System|
|Note||Not support cellular connectivity|
|Launch||Introduced||April 17, 2019|
|Body||Dimensions||29.2 x 43.2 x 3.0 inch (741 x 1097 x 76 mm)|
|Weight||61.6 lb (28 kg)|
|Build||Precision machined aluminum with mineral-composite resin|
|Physical buttons||Power, Volume, Source|
|Resolution||3840 x 2560 pixels|
|Pixel Density||~ 92 ppi|
|Architecture||Coffee Lake revised|
|CPU||8th Gen Quad-core 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processor|
|GPU||Intel UHD Graphics 620|
|Camera||Front||Microsoft Surface Hub 2 Camera, 4K, USB-C connection, 90 degree HFOV|
|Sound||Loudspeaker||Full range front facing 3-way stereo speakers|
|Microphone||Full band 8-element MEMS microphone array|
|Comms||WLAN||Wi-Fi 5 (IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac compatible)|
|USB||1 x USB type-A, 4 x USB type-C|
|Card reader||Full-size SDXC card reader|
|Mini DisplayPort||Mini-DisplayPort Video Output|
|– RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet|
– HDMI Video Input
– Miracast Display
|Features||Battery||APC Charge Mobile Battery|
|Sensors||– Doppler occupancy sensor|
|Software||– Windows 10|
– Microsoft Teams for Surface Hub2
– Skype for Business2
– Microsoft Whiteboard
– Microsoft Office (Mobile)
– Microsoft Power BI2
|– Microsoft Surface Hub 2 Pen support|
|Price||Starting at $8999|
|Warranty||1-year limited hardware warranty|
|– 90 days of free technical phone support|
– 12 months in-store support and technical assistance
- A feature destined to set the device aside from the others is its ability to allow multiple users to collaborate on a single document that would have been stored in the cloud previously, offering simultaneous access and authentication.
- Operating on the Intel Core i5 of the 8th generation, the 2S configuration of the Surface Hub will be providing 8GB DDR4 of RAM. The device offers an array of connectivity options, those including both USB-A and USB-C ports, RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI Video output port, and USB-C ports.
- Many of the features originally presumed to be introduced with the Surface Hub 2S will only become implemented with its 2X variations, among such multi-user authentication, dynamic rotation and tiling.
- Interactive Whiteboard for Business – Surface Hub 2S – Microsoft.
- Sell your Microsoft Products – The best place to sell used electronic devices online.
- Everything About Microsoft’s Products – The complete guide to all Apple consumer electronic products, including technical specifications, identifiers and other valuable information.
- Read our blog, where you can learn more about all aspects related to the consumer electronics and more: iGotOffer Blog.
Microsoft Surface Hub 2 hands-on: a $9K PC on wheels [Video]
Video uploaded by The Verge on April 17, 2019.