Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (2018) is the 2-in-1 laptop designed and made by Microsoft. It’s the successor of the Surface Pro 5 (2017) and is also a carbon copy of it, excluding the chip.
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Review: Still the best tablet PC [Video]
Video uploaded by Engadget on October 16, 2018.
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (2018) – Full Information
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 features the quad-core i5 and i7 chips by Intel with the VR and UHD video support. The operating memory varies from 4GB to 16GB while the SSD storage includes four options: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB.
Surface Pro 6 supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.1 but no GSM or LTE. As for the ports, the laptop still lacks USB Type-C and Lighting.
The security features include the TPM 2.0 chip and the Windows Hello face authentication system, but no fingerprint scanner.
The TypeCover detachable keyboard doesn’t come with the tablet, and has to be bought separately.
|Official Name||Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (2018)|
|Type||Detachable tablet computer|
|Note||Not support cellular connectivity|
|Launch||Introduced||October, 2, 2018|
|Preorder||October, 2, 2018|
|Body||Dimensions||11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 (292 mm x 201 mm x 8.5 mm)|
|Weight||Core i5: 1.71 lbs (775 g)|
Core i7: 1.75 lbs (792 g)
(not including Type Cover)
|Build||Unibody magnesium design with hidden perimeter venting|
|Physical buttons||Volume, Power|
|Resolution||2736 x 1824 pixels|
|Pixel Density||~ 267 ppi|
|Architecture||Coffee Lake revised|
|CPU||7th Generation Intel Core m3-7Y30|
8th Generation Intel Core-i5 and Core-i7
|GPU||Intel UHD Graphics 620|
|Memory||Memory||4 / 8 / 16 GB RAM|
|Storage||128 / 256 / 512 GB, or 1 TB|
|Camera||Front||Windows Hello face authentication 5.0MP camera with 1080p Skype HD video|
|Back||8.0MP 1080p video|
|Sound||Loudspeaker||1.6W stereo speakers with Dolby AudioTM Premium|
|Comms||WLAN||IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n/ ac|
|USB||1 x USB 3.0|
|– Surface Type Cover port|
– 1 x Surface Connect port
|Features||Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion battery|
Up to 13.5 hours of local video playback
|Sensors||Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope|
|Software||– Windows 10 Home|
– Microsoft Office 365 30-day trial
|– Surface Dial support|
– Enterprise- grade Security: TPM 2.0 chip
– Enterprise- grade protection: Windows Hello face sign-in
|Price||Starting at $749|
|Warranty||1-year limited hardware warranty|
|– 90 days of free technical phone support|
– 12 months in-store support and technical assistance
– 1 free training session to transfer data and optimize performance
- Microsoft claims that this year’s model has a much longer battery life. 14.5 hours is longer than an average office day, but we should consider various scenarios. Graphic apps, for example, can drain the battery faster than Word or Excel.
- Microsoft added the black color to the line-up, so the Surface Pro 6 can be distinguished by its look.
- Microsoft Surface PCs, Computers, Laptops, 2-in-1s, Dual-Screen & All-in-Ones – Microsoft Surface
- Sell your old Microsoft Surface device online – iGotOffer