Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 is an accessory for Microsoft Surface 2 and Microsofr Surface Pro 2 hybrid tablets. The keyboard is pressure sensitive with soft touch backlit keys, a touchpad and a magnetic docking connection to attach it to the tablet. The number of sensors has been increased from 80 to 1,092. The Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 is back compatible with Surfaces of the 1st generation and is 0.07 inch thinner than the Touch Cover. The keyboard can hang loose and won’t go. When it is folded back, the Surface detects no key pressure. Type Cover is available separately from Windows Pro Surfaces.
Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2
- Type: Keyboard \ cover.
- Lightweight, 2.75mm thin pressure-sensitive keyboard. Backlit, proximity-sensing keys.
- Connection: Magnetic. Magnetically attaches to all Surface tablets.
- Compatibility: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2.
- Back Compatibility: Yes.
- Numeric Pad: No.
- Functional Keys: Yes. Windows shortcut keys and touchpad for easy navigation. The Touch Cover 2 supports touch gestures across keys and the touchpad.
- Touchpad: Two-button touchpad that supports gestures.
- Fingerprint Reader: No.
- Backlight: Yes.
- Color: Black.
- Battery: No.
- Dimensions: 0.04 x 10.98 x 7.36 inches.
- Average weight: 7.4 ounces.
- Spill-resistant and easy to clean.
- Price: Starting at $119.99.
How to Install and Use Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2
Put the Cover into place:
- Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 magnetically attaches to your Microsoft Surface computer. To do so, bring Surface and Touch Cover 2 close together until the Cover aligns and clicks into place.
- Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 is connected to Surface, it stays put.
- When you want to remove this accessory, just pull it away.
Fold the Cover back:
You can fold the Touch Cover 2 back to use your Surface as a tablet. Keep in mind that while the Cover is folded back, it won’t detect key presses. To enter text while the Cover is folded back, tap in a text field or area where you can type. The touch keyboard will appears on the screen, so you can easily type what you want.
Close the Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2:
Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 protects the screen of your Surface while you’re on the go. When you close a Touch Cover over a Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2, the screen turns off. When you open the Touch Cover, press the power button on your Surface to wake it. Note that opening the Touch Cover won’t wake Surface Pro 3 or Surface 3 from sleep, and closing the Touch Cover won’t turn off the screen or put Surface to sleep. Instead, you should press the power button on Surface Pro 3 or Surface 3 when you close the Touch Cover 2 to save power.
Using the touchpad:
All Surface Touch Covers have a standard keyboard, shortcut keys for common tasks, and a two-button touchpad. The touchpad has right-click and left-click buttons. It also supports gestures.
On Touch Cover 2 you can adjust touchpad settings. For example, if the touchpad is too quick to respond to accidental touches, it is possible to change a setting to make this accessory work the way you like. You can also turn the touchpad off altogether.
To adjust the touchpad settings on Touch Cover 2 do the following:
- Attach the Cover
- Swipe in from the right
- Now select All settings > Devices > Mouse and touchpad.
Using special keys:
All Surface Covers have shortcut keys for opening many Windows functions, playing audio or video, and more. Keys on the top row double as function keys: to perform the action hold down the Fn key while you press the key. Besides, if you use function keys a lot, for example, working with an application that uses function keys, you can temporarily lock the top row of keys in function mode (so the function keys stick). The Fn key also works in combination with other keys to do certain things.
How to lock the top row of keys: Hold down the Fn key and press the Caps key. Pressing the key by itself will gives you the function key (F3 instead of mute key, for example), while Fn plus the key will give you the special key. For example, to mute the speaker, press Fn+ mute key. To turn off the function key lock, just press Fn+Caps again.
Using a mouse:
If you prefer using a mouse on your Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2, connect a USB or Bluetooth wireless mouse and disable touchpad.
Text suggestions with Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2:
When you type in a Windows Store app using Touch Cover 2 or the touch keyboard on the screen, suggestions appear to help the user enter words quickly and correct misspellings. To switch between suggestions, swipe right or left on the spacebar. To insert the highlighted suggestion, tap the spacebar. You can also turn text suggestions on or off by doing the following:
- Attach the Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2
- Go to Start Windows logo, and select Settings > Devices > Typing
- Under Show text typing suggestions as I type, choose the slider you need and turn the setting On or Off
Turn typing sounds On or Off :
Touch Cover can make a sound when you press the keys. To to this:
- Go to Start Windows logo
- Select Settings > Devices > Typing
- Under Touch keyboard, choose Play key sounds as I type option – On or Off
Use the volume button on the left side of your Surface to adjust the volume.
Use different language Covers:
Surface Touch Covers are available for a number of languages and alphabets. You can set up the Surface to use specific languages and keyboard layout. These settings stay with your computer and they apply to any Cover you attach. If you use your Cover on a different Surface, the input methods set for that Surface will apply. If your Cover has a key marked Alt Gr, you can use it as you would Ctrl+Alt.
- Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 is thinner and lighter that its previous version. It has illuminated keys, so users can work and play in more places – day or night. The design however stays the same, as the it has a pressure-sensitive keyboard and protective cover in one.
- On Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 , proximity-sensing backlit keys know when the user is about to start typing.
- This accessory features a full row of Function keys (F1-F12), as well as Windows shortcut keys, media controls, and a touchpad, giving the user plenty of ways to navigate his or her Microsoft Surface machine.
- When closed, Microsoft Surface Touch Cover 2 helps protect the screen of the device and shuts down the display, preserving battery life.
- The most efficient way to recycle an old PC you don’t need anymore: Sell it to iGotOffer for the best price on online market: Sell my old Microsoft PC online now. Free instant quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.