Windows Surface 1st Gen (mid 2012) is the first tablet designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It’s a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless casing with bezel edges, a flip-out kickstand and a magnet lock for a detachable keyboard\cover. Windows Surface 1st Gen touch screen supports 10 touches but no handwriting. Windows Surface 1st Gen (mid 2012) features a 10.6 ClearType Full HD display, a 1.3 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 (T30) processor, an ULP GeForce graphic processor, 32 GB \ 64 GB of NAND storage aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface 1st Gen (mid 2012) has an USB 2.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, a speaker, micro HDMI, one HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface 1st Gen (mid 2012) is shipped without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable keyboard\cover is available for an extra cost.
Windows Surface 1st Gen (Mid 2012)
Announced: June 18, 2012. Introduced on October 26, 2012.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 10.6.
- Display aspect ratio: 16:9.
- Pixel density: 148 ppi.
- Resolution: 1366×768 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: None.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Nvidia Tegra 3 (T30) Cortex-A9.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics processor: ULP GeForce.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB.
- Storage: NAND Flash 32 GB \ 64 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 31.5 Wh.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, a speaker, micro HDMI.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer.
- Front webcam: 3.5 megapixels, HD (1280×720).
- Rear webcam: 5.0 megapixels, HD (1280×720).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows RT 8.0.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows RT 8.1.
- Dimensions: 6.8x 10.8 x 0.94 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.5 lb.
- Windows Surface 1 was launched alongside the Windows 8 available release. The sales starting date in February, 2013 was cancelled due to a powerful snow storm that hit north-eastern coast of the USA and part of Canada.
- Have you checked out our prices recently? Check out iGotOffer Microsoft page to see all current ones. Remember, the possibility to trade in your old device for top dollar cash is just a click away: Make smart decisions about your money! We at iGotOffer.com pay the best price online!