Windows Surface 3rd Gen (Mid-2015)
Windows Surface 3rd Gen (mid-2015) is the third tablet in the Surface line-up designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It’s a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless silver color casing with black bezel edges, a flip-out kickstand and a magnet lock for a detachable keyboard\cover. Windows Surface 3rd Gen has switched to Intel Atom processor and runs the latest Windows 10 OS. The aspect ratio has also been changed from 16:9 to 3:2. The screen supports 10 touches but no handwriting. It is slightly bigger than that of its’ predecessor and has higher ppi value. It also supports Bluetooth active pen and handwriting. Windows Surface 3rd Gen (mid-2015) features a 10.8-inch ClearType Full HD display, a quad core 1.6 GHz Intel Atom (x7-Z8700) processor, Intel HD Graphics, 64 GB \ 128 GB SSD aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface 2nd Gen (late 2013) has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, Dolby stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort, one HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface 3rd Gen (mid-2015) is shipped without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2 and a Wacom N-trig Active are available for an extra cost.
Windows Surface 3rd Gen (Mid-2015)
Introduced on: May 5, 2015.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 10.8.
- Display aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Pixel density: 214 ppi.
- Resolution: 1920×1280 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: None.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Atom x7-Z8700.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB.
- Storage: Solid state drive 64 GB \ 128 GB.
- Storage available to user: 37 GB \ 97 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 31.5 Wh.
- Battery Life: 10 hs of video playback.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort, Bluetooth active pen.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, compass.
- Front webcam: 3.5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Rear webcam: 8.0 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows RT 8.1.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows RT 10.
- Online Services: Windows Store, OneDrive, Xbox Music, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom N-trig Active Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 10.5 x 0.34 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.38 lb.
Discontinuation and Price
Discontinued: Windows Surface 3rd Gen is due to the end of 2016.
- It’s the first Windows Surface tablet supporting the pen. A Wacom N-trig active pen can be used. The tablet was targeted for those, who couldn’t afford Windows Surface Pro and competed against Apple iPad.
- Windows Surface 3 lacks fans.
- Windows Surface is the only tablet offering a full scale desktop OS with x86 applications running on it.
- The kickstand has three angles: 22, 44, and 60 degrees.
- Usage of SSD as a storage determines why Windows Surface will never be as thin as other flash-drive tablets.
- Sell your used Microsoft Surface to iGotOffer now! We offer the highest price online for your used gadget!
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!