Apple Watch: Essential Moves
There are a few essential moves that can be used to successfully navigate Apple Watch. Digital Crown, touch button and side button are the essential tools that owners can use to navigate the device. It is perfectly possible to lock and restart the watch, as well as to work with Glances and Notifications or configure key settings. Using these tools, users can also perform actions in order to extend the battery life, reset the Home screen layout or, if they want so, sync data.
With touch and side button and Digital Crown users can easily erase Apple Watch and restore the gadget from backup when necessary.
Navigation and Interface
Indeed, using these three tools – Digital Crown, side button and touch screen of the face allow you to navigate quickly among Apple Watch main screens. While working with Apple Watch, you can turn Digital Crown clockwise or counterclockwise, and you can click, double-click and triple-click it to make it change settings. You can also press and hold Digital Crown to perform certain operations.
As to the side button, the user can press, hold and click it. Touch screen is operated by touching icons that appear on the face. In this case, the screen registers swipes in all directions, and it also registers the force-touch movement for accessing Apple Watch’s secondary features.
How to Navigate the Apple Watch’s Interface
If you decide to navigate through Apple Watch, do the following:
- Lift the wrist and wake up Apple Watch. As soon as the device wakes up, you will see the watch face appear. The actual time will be shown. You will also observe the complications in the corners. These complications will display the day, date and temperature.
- Now click the Digital Crown once. You will see the Home screen appear. The Home screen will show apps presented as a cluster of circles or icons. In the middle of the cluster you will find the Time icon.
- Next tap the face and gently slide your finger. You will notice that as you slide the finger, the app cluster moves in the direction you move the finger. Look as the icons grow smaller as they move from the center to the edges of the touch screen.
- Now tap Timer icon. The Timer app will open.
- Tap the Min box, which you will see located in the middle of the watch face.
- You can turn the Digital Crown clockwise to set the minutes.
- Then tap Start. The timer will start running.
- Next double-click the Digital Crown. The watch face will come back. The red dot will indicate if you have unread notifications.
- Swipe down if you want to see Notification screen.
- Tap a notification if you want to head to Notification app.
- Swipe up. The watch face will appear again.
- Continue to swipe up. The Glances screen will appear.
- Swipe left. The next Glance will show, such as the Power Glance.
- Swipe left or right if you want to view other Glances.
- Swipe down to view watch face appear again.
- Double-click the Digital Crown. Now you will see the Timer app appear.
- Next tap Cancel, and the Timer app will cancel the timer.
- Finally click the Digital Crown, and the watch face will appear again.
See also: Sell my used Apple Watch online now!