Ten More Useful Apple iPhone Tips and Tricks
- To save photos from Messages, tap Details, touch and hold a photo and then tap More. Select the photos you`d like to save, then tap Save Images. You can now view and edit them in the Photos app.
- Quickly type URL addresses: When typing Internet addresses, touch and hold the period on the keyboard to pick from .com and other suffixes (in apps that support it).
- Take selfies easily on a timer with your camera! Use the shutter timer to include yourself in your photo by framing the shot, tapping the timer button for the number of seconds and then tapping the shutter button again. Don’t forget to jump into the shot!
- Share purchases with your family: Buy an app once, and the rest of your family can use it too. Set it up in Settings > iCloud. With Family Sharing, all family members can share purchases even if they have their own accounts.
- To see what time messages were sent, drag a bubble to the left.
- Reach your favorite people: Double-click the Home button, then tap a favorite or recent contact to call or message. You can add a person to your Favorites list as well.
- Mail: Get reply notifications. When viewing an e-mail message, tap the mark message button, then tap Notify Me.
- Siri knows the tune. If you like the song playing on the radio, or in a café, or anywhere else, you can ask Siri, “What song is this?”
- Quickly manage your mail: Swipe a message to the right to mark it. Swipe left for other options, and swipe farther to the left to delete it. Change the actions in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Swipe Options.
- Send an audio message: in Messages, touch and hold the record audio button to record. Swipe up to send the recording. Swipe left, to delete it instead.