Motorola Moto Z2 Play (2nd Gen, 2017)
Motorola Moto Z2 Play (2nd Gen, 2017) is the flagship Android cell phone by the Lenovo company, and the second in the Z Play line. There are two iterations of Motorola Z Play 2nd Gen available: one with 32 GB of internal storage plus 3 GB RAM, and one with 64 GB of internal storage plus 4 GB RAM. The cell phone sports the widest range of connectivity from GSM, and LTE up to Bluetooth and NFC, which makes possible contactless payments. The 3.5 mm jack and the FM radio ditched in the Motorola Z Play 1st Gen are back. The OS from the box is Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
SPECIFICATIONS (BASED ON LEAKS)
- Announced: June 9, 2017.
- Available: June 9, 2017.
- Network: GSM / HSPA / LTE.
- SIM Factor: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- Dimensions: 6.15 x 3.00 x 0.24 in.
- Weight: 5.11 oz.
- Body Protection: Splash and dust resistant.
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Size: 5.5 inches (~70.1% screen-to-body ratio).
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density).
- Multi-touch: Yes.
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version).
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953-Pro Snapdragon 626.
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53.
- GPU: Adreno 506.
- Internal Memory: 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM.
- Extendable Memory: Card slot.
- Card type supported: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot).
- Back camera: primary 12 MP, f/1.7, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
- Features: 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, Auto-HDR.
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps.
- Front camera: 5 MP, f/2.0, 1.4 µm pixel size, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1080p.
- Sound Alert types: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- 3.5mm jack: Yes.
- Features: Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Connectivity: WLAN, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS.
- NFC: Yes.
- Radio: FM radio.
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, magnetic connector.
- Features: Sensors Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
- Messaging: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM.
- Browser: HTML5.
- Java: No.
- Preinstalled software: MP3/AAC+/WAV/Flac player, MP4/H.264 player, photo/video editor, document viewer.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min.
- Talk time: Up to 30 h (3G).
- Colors: Lunar Gray, Fine Gold, Nimbus Blue.
The chipsets from the specifications above are one-year-old and the ones Samsung featured last year. Motorola Moto Z2 Play is expected to get Snapdragon 835. The phone is rumored to get a metal back and frames, with the back camera lenses protruding and the fingerprint reader on the front concaved (as in the previous model). It’s still unknown if the Moto Mods remain and if the changeable panels from the previous model will fit on the new one.
The 3.5 mm jack port for headphones is listed above, but it’s still on a doubts list. The back camera specifications also differ. Some leaks feature dual lenses and one flash, others – one lens and dual flash. The presence of the projector is also unclear.
The Motorola Moto Z2 Play highlights will certainly be gesture controlled and have extreme protection: Gorilla Glass and water\dust resistance is a must these days!.
- Motorola Moto Z2 Play (2nd Gen, 2017) official page
- Remember that you can always sell your old phone for top price online at iGotOffer: Sell used smartphone online now!