Ten iPad Tricks and Tips
Here is a collection of tips showing some features of iPad with iOS 8:
- You can switch to other keyboards for using emojis as well as other languages. To do this, go to Settings > General > Keyboard. To switch keyboards, just tap or hold down the next keyboard button whenever the keyboard appears.
- While editing photos, touch and hold the image to temporarily show the original, so you can see how a photo looks before and after and if you like the changes you have made.
- You can add profile pictures to contacts. To see profile photos of friends when they email or call you, go to Settings, then tap Facebook or Twitter. Then tap Update Contacts.
- To mute notifications for a conversation, pull up the thread, tap Details, then tap Do Not Disturb. This feature is especially handy when you’re included in a busy group text discussion!
- Safari can remove webpage clutter and make articles easier to read. If the page you’re on supports it, tap the reader button to see just the text and photos, without ads or distractions.
- In apps that support AirDrop, users can share a photo, video, or document with people nearby. For this, tap the share button, then tap the person you want to share with.
- You can show people where you are over a text message. To do this, tap Details and then tap Share My Location.
- You can gather your best photos in one album with one single click. Tap the favorite button (the little heart on the bottom of the screen) to automatically put that particular photo in a separate album called “Favorites”.
- You can find nearby movies as well as show times with Siri. Simply ask Siri “What’s playing nearby?”. She will also provide movie trailers, reviews, and will allow you to buy tickets for select theaters.
- To save photos from Messages into your own camera role, tap Details, touch and hold the photo, then tap More. Select the photos you want and tap Save Images. You will be able to then view and edit them in the Photos app.
- Apple Encyclopedia: all information about products, electronic devices, operating systems and apps.
- iGotOffer.com: the best place to sell my used iPad online for the top cash guaranteed. Free quote and free shipping. BBB A+ rated business.