Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (Core i5, Late 2013) is a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless casing with bezel edges and a flip-out kickstand. In the bottom there are a magnet lock and a pogo pin power connector to plug a detachable keyboard\cover\battery in. Windows Surface Pro 2nd Gen (late 2013) touch screen supports 10 touches and the handwriting with a Wacom digital pen.
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review [Video]
Video uploaded by MobileTechReview on October 23, 2013
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (Core i5, Late 2013)
The tablet runs on next generation dual core Haswell processor with a trusted platform module. That means, the processor is capable of encrypting data, especially, personal data, providing a higher security level. Windows Surface Pro 2 features a 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD display, a Intel Core i5 processor, an Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphic processor, 64GB \ 128GB \ 256GB \ 512GB solid state drive aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200GB with an SD card. Windows Surface Pro 2 has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, a Mini Display Port 1.2, one HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface Pro 1st Gen (Early 2013) is shipped with a pen but without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable keyboard\cover\battery is available for an extra cost.
- Introduced on October 22, 2013.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 10.6.
- Display aspect ratio: 16:9.
- Pixel density: 208 ppi.
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: Wacom digital pen.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.6GHz \ 1.9GHz.
- Turbo Speed: 2.6GHz \ 2.9GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i5 (Haswell).
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB \ 8 GB dual-channel DDR3, 1600 MHz.
- Storage: SSD, 64 GB \ 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB.
- Storage available to user: 37 GB \ 97 GB \ 212 GB\ 451 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 42 Wh.
- Battery Life: up to 5 hs.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope.
- Front webcam: 1.2 megapixels, HD (1280×720).
- Rear webcam: 1.2 megapixels, HD (1280×720).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows 10 (free).
- Online services: Windows Store, Xbox Music, OneDrive, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight, Power Cover.
- Dimensions: 6.81 x 10.81 x 0.53 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.9 lb.
- July 5, 2014.
- Among other detachables, Microsoft offered the garage DJ keyboard named Surface Remix Project. Microsoft also organized the remix contest, suggesting to remix Linking Park’s and Steve Aoki’s song “A light never comes”.
- Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 User Guide – Microsoft Download Center
- Your old Surface is worth money! Check on our prices. We pay the best price on the online market for your secondhand Microsoft Surface: Where to sell my old tablet online for top dollar cash?
- Read our blog, where you can learn more about all aspects related to the consumer electronics and more: iGotOffer Blog.