Microsoft Surface Pro 2nd Gen (late 2013) is the second hybrid tablet in the Surface line-up designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It’s a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless casing with bezel edges and a flip-out kickstand. In the bottom there are a magnet lock and a pogo pin power connector to plug a detachable keyboard\cover\battery in. Windows Surface Pro 2nd Gen (late 2013) touch screen supports 10 touches and the handwriting with a Wacom digital pen. The tablet runs on next generation dual core Haswell processor with a trusted platform module. That means, the processor is capable of encrypting data, especially, personal data, providing a higher security level. Windows Surface Pro 2nd Gen (late 2013) features a 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD display, a 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-4200U processor, an Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphic processor, 64 GB \ 128 GB \ 256 \ 512 GB solid state drive aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface Pro 2nd Gen (late 2013) has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, a Mini Display Port 1.2, one HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface Pro 1st Gen (early 2013) is shipped with a pen but without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable keyboard\cover\battery is available for an extra cost.
Windows Microsoft Surface Pro 2nd Gen (Late 2013, Intel Core i5-4200U)
Introduced on: October 22, 2013.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 10.6.
- Display aspect ratio: 16:9.
- Pixel density: 208 ppi.
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: Wacom digital pen.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Turbo Speed: 2.6 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i5-4200U (Haswell).
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB \ 8 GB dual-channel DDR3, 1600 MHz.
- Storage: SSD, 64 GB \ 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB.
- Storage available to user: 37 GB \ 97 GB \ 212 GB\ 451 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 42 Wh.
- Battery Life: up to 5 hs.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope.
- Front webcam: 1.2 megapixels, HD (1280×720).
- Rear webcam: 1.2 megapixels, HD (1280×720).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows 10 (free).
- Online services: Windows Store, Xbox Music, OneDrive, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight, Power Cover.
- Dimensions: 6.81 x 10.81 x 0.53 inch maximum Weight: 1.9 lb.
Discontinuation and Price
Windows Microsoft Surface Pro 2nd Gen (Late 2013, Intel Core i5-4200U) was discontinued on July 5, 2014.
- The pen recognizes 1024 levels of pressure.
- The kickstand gets two angles of 22 and 55 for more comfortable work with the tablet on the lap.
- Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 is free.
- In December 2013, the model was revised and got the faster processor. See Windows Surface Pro 2nd Gen (Late 2013, Intel Core i5-4200U).
- Check on our prices for your old Windows Surface. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for a new Surface!