Sculpt Comfort Desktop is the wireless domed and curved keyboard with a reverse tilt and a detachable wrist rest. It features 109 thin low-profile keys plus 5 functional keys. The latter includes: play/pause, volume up, volume down, mute, calculator. The keyboard also has a toggle to augment function keys functions. The space bar is split and also sports some enhanced functions. It can work as a backspace as well.
Sculpt Comfort Desktop
Sculpt Comfort Desktop highlight is the domed design for better position of your hands. When typing, your hands are cupped like those of a pianist, while your wrists and forearms are rested against a cushion at the most comfortable angle.
The keyboard is paired with a Sculpt Comfort Mouse with a Windows Logo button for quicker access to the Start Menu and the tilting scroll wheel capable of horizontal scrolling.
Sculpt Comfort Desktop also features Windows 8 Hot keys, including Search, Share, Devices, and Settings.
- Product name: Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop.
- Type: Keyboard-and-mouse.
- Keyboard Name: Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard.
- Mouse Name: Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 2.4 GHz.
- Keyboard Connection: Wireless.
- Mouse Connection: Wireless.
- Transceiver Version: Microsoft 2.4 GHz Transceiver v8.0.
- Wireless Platform: Proprietary 2.4 GHz.
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz frequency range.
- Wireless Range: 30 feet (obstacles-free).
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 8.1 / RT 8, Windows 7.
- Limited compatibility: Microsoft Windows RT, Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x- 10.10, Android 3.2 – 5.0.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / Windows RT / 7, Mac logo, Universal Mac logo.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT 8.1 / RT 8, and Windows 7, 60 MB of free disk space.
- Macintosh PC top system requirements: Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x-10.10, 30 MB of free disk space.
- Software: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
- Keys number: 109.
- Encryption Features: 128-bit AES encryption.
- Windows 8 Hot keys: Search, Share, Devices, and Settings.
- Keys life: 500,000 actuations per key.
- Media keys: play/pause, volume up, volume down, mute, calculator.
- Keys life: 20,000,000 actuations per key.
- Enhanced Function Key Features: Windows Start Key, Back(F9), List View(F10), Snap(F11), and App bar(F12)
- Enhanced Function Key Toggle Switch Life: 1,000 actuations.
- Special feature: Split Space Bar Feature (see Miscellanea for details).
- Possible Speed: Typing Speed 1000 characters per minute.
- Dimensions: 17.8 x 8.39 x 1.30 inches.
- Weight: 28.5 ounces.
- Keyboard batteries: 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Wrist rest: cushioned, detachable.
- Num Pad: yes.
- Dimensions: 5.21 x 3.65 x 0.46 inches.
- Weight: 3.53 ounces.
- Mouse tracking system: Microsoft-proprietary BlueTrack Technology.
- Resolution: 1000 ppi.
- Tracking speed: 72 inches per second.
- Scroll wheel: Yes.
- Buttons: 6 buttons, scroll button and side Windows Logo button included.
- Right & Left Button Life: 3,000,000 actuations.
- Wheel Button Life: 350,000 actuations.
- Side Button Life 100,000 actuations at no more than 4 actuations per second.
- Special Feature: vertical and horizontal scrolling (see Miscellanea for details).
- Wheel Vertical Scrolling Life: 100,000 revolutions (away from user) \ 300,000 revolutions (towards user).
- Mouse dimensions: 4.37 x 2.69 x 2.23 inches.
- Mouse weight: 4.76 ounces.
- Mouse batteries: 2 AA alkaline batteries (included).
- Batteries life: 10 months under normal conditions.
- Transceiver interface: USB.
- Transceiver dimensions: 1.09 x 0.59 x 0.27 inches.
- Transceiver weight: 0.08 ounces.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Part #: L3V-00002.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK) Bundle ID: Desktop ID: PENDING (32-bit) and PENDING (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 10.
- Price: $59.84.
Even a space bar in the Sculpt Comfort Desktop is more than an eye can see. The right side of a space bar has typical space bar functionality while the left side features also a backspace functionality. To toggle between them, depress and hold both sides of space bar for 3 seconds.
The Sculpt Comfort Mouse from the set also sports a secret special feature. The scroll wheel is capable of vertical and horizontal scrolling as the wheel tilts right and left. With it, a user can comfortably scroll through virtual desktops on the screen.
Sculpt Comfort Desktop works with Windows Surface Tablet, provided, it is equipped with the keyboard blade with USB ports in it to connect the receiver.
The wrist pad is detachable and is held in place with a lock on the back of the keyboard. The functional keys toggle takes place of Caps Lock and NumPad LED indicators. Its life is claimed to be of 1,000 actuations.
Every keyboard should be cleaned regularly for longer life and good performance. We recommend to do it once a month, especially if you like eating at your desktop. Here’re some tips.
How to Clean Your Keyboard
- Unplug the transceiver from the desktop and remove the batteries from your keyboard.
- Wipe your keyboard with a dry lint-free cloth.
- Use a compressed air duster to remove the dust particles or crumbs from between the keys.
- If you spilled water onto the keyboard, repeat step 1, then turn it upside down and let the residual liquid drop.
- Take an absorbent kitchen towel and sponge the watered areas gently. Do not rub the keys!
- You may use a hair dryer for good measure. Dry your keyboard with a hair dryer thoroughly.
- Leave it for a while to dry, then plug back and try the performance.
- If your keys are stuck or response with a pause, you may need to tear the keys down to dry the innards of your keyboard. Do not do this, if you don’t have enough expertize.
As the Sculpt Comfort Desktop is wireless, there should be no metal obstacles between the keyboard and the mouse and the receiver. With other wireless devices nearby the signal is unstable.
You should download and install Microsoft drivers for the mouse for better and faster scrolling.
The keyboard doesn’t feature CapsLock, Numlock and ScrollLock light indicators, but the alerts about their activation are displayed in the screen.
Windows 10 Shortcuts
Windows Key + Tab – Open the new Task View interface. You’ll see your virtual desktops and they stay open when keys are released.
Alt + Tab – Switche between open windows.
Windows Key + Ctrl + D – Create a new virtual desktop and switch to it.
Windows Key + Ctrl + F4 – Close the current virtual desktop.
Windows Key + Ctrl + Left / Right – Switch to the virtual desktop on the left or right.
Windows Key + Left – Snap current window to the left side of the screen.
Windows Key + Right – Snap current window the the right side of the screen.
Windows Key + Up – Snap current window to the top of the screen.
Windows Key + Down – Snap current window to the bottom of the screen.
- Check on our prices for your used electronics. Sell the now to iGotOffer.com and save money for new models: Sell old electronics online now!
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard & Mouse Review. Video published by Shaun Tucker on July 28, 2014