Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Intel Core i3, Mid 2014) is the first iteration of the third gen hybrid tablets designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It’s a portable 2-in-1 computing device in a VaporMg seamless casing with bezel edges, a flip-out kickstand and the water cooling system. In the bottom there are a magnet lock and a pogo pin power connector to plug a detachable keyboard\cover\battery in. Windows Surface Pro 3rd Gen (mid 2014) touch screen supports 10 touches and the handwriting with a Bluetooth powered Wacom digital pen. The tablet runs on entry level dual core Haswell processor with a trusted platform module. That means, the processor is capable of encrypting data, especially, personal data, providing a higher security level. Windows Surface Pro 3rd Gen (mid 2014) got a larger display with higher resolution and has three iterations, the Intel Core i3 one being the entry level model. Windows Surface Pro 3rd Gen (mid 2014) features a 12-inch ClearType Full HD display, a 1.5 GHz Intel Core i3-4020Y processor, an Intel HD Graphics 4200 graphic processor, 64 GB \ 128 GB \ 256 \ 512 GB solid state drive aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface Pro 2nd Gen (late 2013) has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, a Mini Display Port 1.2, one full HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface Pro 3rd Gen (mid 2014) is shipped with a N-trig Active pen but without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable keyboard\cover\battery is available for an extra cost.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Intel Core i3, Mid 2014)
Announced on June 20, 2014. Introduced on: August 1, 2014.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 12.
- Display aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Pixel density: 216 ppi.
- Resolution: 2160×1440 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: 1324:1 (nominal).
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: Wacom digital pen.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz.
- Turbo Speed: N\A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i3-4020Y (Haswell).
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 4200.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB \ 8 GB dual-channel DDR3, 1600 MHz.
- Storage: SSD, 64 GB \ 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB.
- Storage available to user: 37 GB \ 97 GB \ 212 GB\ 451 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 42 Wh.
- Battery Life: up to 5 hs.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope.
- Front webcam: 5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Rear webcam: 5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows 10 Pro (free).
- Online services: Windows Store, Xbox Music, OneDrive, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight, Power Cover.
- Dimensions: 7.93 x 11.5 x 0.36 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.76 lb.
- The tablet can support up to three external displays.
- Though, the cooling system has been greatly improved, Windows Surface 3 still has serious overheating issues while running ‘heavy’ applications. Surface users suggest USB powered air fans to cool the tablet.
- Sell your old Windows Surface online. Check on our prices for your used computer. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for Microsoft products! Free instant quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.