Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core M3, Late 2015) is the entry-level iteration of the fourth gen hybrid tablets designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It is a Skylake powered hybrid with larger touch screen as compared to its predecessors and with better resolution. The water cooling system has also been thoroughly improved. The outer design remained the same: a VaporMg seamless casing with bezel edges and a flip-out kickstand. In the bottom there are a magnet lock and a pogo pin power connector to plug a detachable keyboard\cover\battery in. Windows Surface Pro 4th Gen (late 2015) touch screen supports 10 touches and the handwriting with a Bluetooth powered Wacom digital pen. The tablet runs on entry-level and quite slow dual core Skylake processor with a trusted platform module. That means, the processor is capable of encrypting data, especially, personal data, providing a higher security level. Windows Surface Pro 4th Gen (late 2015) has three iterations regarding the CPU installed, every iteration subdivided into several models with various SSD and RAM capacity. Windows Surface Pro 4th Gen (late 2015, Intel Core M3-6Y30) features a 12.3-inch ClearType Full HD display, an 0.9 GHz Intel Core M3-6Y30 processor, an Intel HD Graphics 515 graphic processor, a 128 GB solid state drive aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Windows Surface Pro 4th Gen (late 2015) has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, a Mini Display Port 1.2, one full HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Windows Surface Pro 4th Gen (late 2015) is compatible with accessories for previous models and shipped with a N-trig Active pen but without a keyboard \ cover. The magnetic detachable keyboard\cover\battery is available for an extra cost.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core M3, Late 2015)
Introduced on: October 26, 2015.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 12.3.
- Display aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Pixel density: 267 ppi.
- Resolution: 2736×1824 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: N\A..
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: Wacom digital pen.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 0.9 GHz.
- Turbo Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core M3-6Y30 (Skylake).
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 515.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB dual-channel DDR3, 1600 MHz.
- Storage: SSD, 128 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 42 Wh.
- Battery Life: up to 5 hs.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope.
- Front webcam: 5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Rear webcam: 5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows 10 Pro.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows 10 Pro (free).
- Online services: Windows Store, Xbox Music, OneDrive, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight, Power Cover
- Dimensions: 7.93 x 11.5 x 0.33 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.76 lb.
Discontinuation and Price
- Initially, the tablet failed to sleep properly, draining the battery, and Microsoft issued a fix available since February 17, 2016.
- The tablet cams support Windows Hello multi-factor authentication system. The device is unblocked after user’s face or iris recognition.
- You have an old Microsoft Surface you don’t need anymore? Can’t Help but Sell Here. Take a close look at the prices we offer. We pay the best prices online for your used electronics: iGotOffer.com. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment.