Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core i5, Late 2015) is the mid-level iteration of the fourth gen hybrid tablets designed and manufactured by Microsoft. It is a Skylake powered hybrid with larger touch screen as compared to its predecessors and with better resolution. The water cooling system has also been thoroughly improved. The outer design remained the same: a VaporMg seamless casing with bezel edges and a flip-out kickstand. In the bottom there are a magnet lock and a pogo pin power connector to plug a detachable keyboard\cover\battery in.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core i5, Late 2015)
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core i5, Late 2015) touch screen supports 10 touches and the handwriting with a Bluetooth powered Wacom digital pen. The tablet runs on mid-level dual core Skylake processor with a trusted platform module. That means, the processor is capable of encrypting data, especially, personal data, providing a higher security level. This iteration of Surface Pro has three iterations regarding the CPU installed, every iteration subdivided into several models with various SSD and RAM capacity. Surface Pro 4 features a 12.3-inch ClearType Full HD display, a 2.4GHz Intel Core I5-6300U processor, an Intel HD Graphics 520 graphic processor, a 128GB \ 256GB \ 512GB solid state drive aboard. The storage capacity can be expanded up to 200 GB with an SD card. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 has an USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, a Mini Display Port 1.2, one full HD webcam in the front and one in the rear. This is a non-GSM tablet, but it has Wi-Fi 802.11a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection. Surface Pro is compatible with accessories for previous models and shipped with a N-trig Active pen but without a keyboard\cover. The magnetic detachable keyboard\cover\battery is available for an extra cost.
- Introduced on: October 26, 2015.
- Display type: LCD.
- Display diagonal size: 12.3.
- Display aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Pixel density: 267 ppi.
- Resolution: 2736×1824 pixels.
- Contrast ratio: N\A.
- Multi-touch support: 10 touches.
- Pen support: Wacom digital pen.
- Portrait orientation: Yes.
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- Turbo Speed: 3.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core I5-6300U (Skylake).
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 520.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB \ 8 GB \ 16 GB dual-channel DDR3, 1600 MHz.
- Storage: SSD, 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB.
- Expandable storage: MicroSD.
- Max. expandable storage: 200 GB.
- Battery: Lithium-ion.
- Battery capacity: 42 Wh.
- Battery Life: up to 5 hs.
- Input\Output: USB 3.0 with host support, 3.5 mm audio socket, 2 microphones, 2 Dolby Digital Plus stereo speakers, Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- SIM-card: None.
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope.
- Front webcam: 5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Rear webcam: 5 megapixels, FHD (1920×1080).
- Preinstalled OS: Windows 10 Pro.
- OS max. upgrade: Windows 10 Pro (free).
- Online services: Windows Store, Xbox Music, OneDrive, Xbox Games, Xbox Video.
- Accessories: pressure-sensitive Wacom Pen, Type Cover 2 with backlight, Touch Cover 2 with backlight, Power Cover.
- Dimensions: 7.93 x 11.5 x 0.33 inch maximum.
- Weight: 1.76 lb.
- Still Available.
- $999, $1299, $1499, $1699, $1899.
- The front microphone is noise-free and optimized for skyping and using Cortana.
- Every Windows Surface Pro tablet comes with Microsoft Office 30-day trial.
- Windows Surface Pro has a docking station among its accessories to enhance the connectivity and to plug in printers and peripherals.
- If your eyes are on faster tablets and you look for good hands to sell your used Surface, contact us, and we’ll give you the best price for your gadget. iGotOffer.com: Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
- Read our blog, where you can learn more about all aspects related to the consumer electronics and more: iGotOffer Blog.
Apple iPad Pro vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Comparison Smackdown [Video]
Video uploaded by MobileTechReview on November 16, 2015