Wired Keyboard 600 is the spill resistant membrane keyboard with 109 thin low-profile keys plus 5 functional keys. The latter includes: play/pause, volume up, volume down, mute, calculator hot key with the access to the relevant software. The keyboard also has a Windows key and a numeric pad. F1-F12 keys are a tad too small and the keyboard haven’t got the wrist rest. The connector’s interface is USB. The keyboard can be connected to PCs and tablets with USB OTG. No special drivers needed, as the keyboard supports plug-and-play feature.
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
It’s available separately or as a part of the Windows Desktop 600 set.
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 is compatible with Windows 10 32-bit\64-bit and older versions of Microsoft OS down to Windows RT 8. The keyboard also supports Mac OS X starting with Mac OS 10.7 “Lion” and Android starting with Android 3.2 “Honeycomb”, but it’s functionality will be limited under the software. iOS 7 and iOS 6 won’t be supported at all.
- Product name: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600.
- Type: Keyboard.
- Keyboard Name: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600.
- Keyboard Connection: USB.
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 8.1 / RT 8, Windows 7.
- Limited compatibility: Microsoft Windows RT, Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x- 10.10, Android 3.2 – 5.0.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / Windows RT / 7, Mac logo, Universal Mac logo.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT 8.1 / RT 8, and Windows 7, 60 MB of free disk space, USB socket.
- Macintosh PC top system requirements: Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7x-10.10, 30 MB of free disk space, USB socket.
- Software: None.
- Keys number: 109.
- Hot keys: Windows 8 Charms keys, Windows Start key, and Calculator keys: play/pause, volume up, volume down, mute.
- Keys life: 20,000,000 actuations per key.
- Dimensions: 17.9 x 6.28 x 1.68 inches.
- Keyboard cable length: 78.7 inches.
- Wrist rest: No.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Part #: ANB-00001.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK) Bundle ID: 1731370 (32-bit) and (64-bit) Windows 10, 1608482 (32-bit) and 1612257 (64-bit) Windows 8.1
- The spill resistant keyboard is not immune to liquid and dust though. Yes, with spill protection it takes water a longer time to damage contacts, but remember, that a keyboard can absorb a finite amount of liquid.
- How to clean your spill resistant Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600:
1. Unplug the keyboard from the computer.
2. Turn the keyboard upside down and let the residual liquid drop.
3. Take an absorbent kitchen towel and sponge the watered areas gently. Remember not to rub the keys!
4. You may use a hair dryer for good measure if you wish. In this case dry your keyboard with a hair dryer thoroughly after cleaning.
5. Leave it for a while to dry, then plug back and try the performance.
6. If the keys of the keyboard are stuck or if they respond with a pause, you may need to tear the keys down to dry the innards of your keyboard. However do not proceed until you have enough technical skills.
- Let’s express our opinion: ergonomically the Wired Keyboard 600 keyboard is not very well designed. First at all, this accessory doesn’t feature the wrist rest. The keyboard does have tilting legs but your wrist will rest on a desk at an angle that is precarious for the tendons. That means that if you type many texts, you may want to look for better organized and let’s face so more expensive keyboard from Microsoft.
- The typing speed using this keyboard is up to one thousand characters per minute. Besides the noiseless Quiet Touch keys can endure 20 million actuations.
- This keyboard has a very convenient and long ‘Shift’ key, easy to find and press when blind-typing.
- The keyboard also features Caps Lock and Num Lock lights over the numeric pad which can come in very handy when inserting the case sensitive passwords.
- NO drivers are needed to plug Wired Keyboard 600 to the Windows-based PC. Any drivers you can find in the Internet will be products of third parties. If you install them, you’ll it at your own risk. Keep in mind that sometimes these drivers can also incorporate worms or other malware that can damage your system severely.
- Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 is a membrane keyboard, that’s why it’s so silent. Its’ keys don’t move up and down like those of mechanical keyboards. They are pressure pads with symbols printed on a flat, flexible surface. The tactile feedback therefore is very low and almost non-existent, so typing on the membrane keyboard is a tricky thing for some people who are accustomed to deal with more “hard pressing” keys. If you’re response sensitive, look for chicklet keyboards instead.
- Unlike the keyboard, the mouse in the set is light and noisy, both with buttons and with the scroll.
Windows 10 Shortcuts
Windows Key + Tab – Open the new Task View interface. If you open this interface, you’ll see your virtual desktops and they stay open when keys are released.
Alt + Tab – Switches between open windows.
Windows Key + Ctrl + D – Creates a new virtual desktop and switch to it.
Windows Key + Ctrl + F4 – Closes the current virtual desktop.
Windows Key + Ctrl + Left / Right – Switch to the virtual desktop on the left or right.
Windows Key + Left – Snap current window to the left side of the screen.
Windows Key + Right – Snap current window the the right side of the screen.
Windows Key + Up – Snap current window to the top of the screen.
Windows Key + Down – Snap current window to the bottom of the screen.
- If your eyes are on new faster PC and you look for good hands to adopt your used one, contact us, and we’ll give you the best price for your gadget: Sell my Microsoft Surface device online now for top price!
- Have you ever red the iGotOffer blog? It’s full of helpful personal articles and links leading to some of the world’s best-known resources about electronics, news about consumer electronic market, its history and more. Reading our blog and our Microsoft Encyclopedia, you can gain valuable tips and information on many topics! Great advice is on its way to you!: iGotOffer Blog.
- Microsoft Wired Desktop 600.
Microsoft 600 Wired Keyboard Test (English) [Video]
Video uploaded by allos MD on December 21, 2015.