Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 is the wireless ergonomic keyboard bundled with the wireless ergonomic mouse. It features 109 thin low-profile keys plus 7 media keys a zoom slider key and an enhanced functional keys. The media keys include: Play/Pause, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Next Track, Previous Track. The functional keys include: Help, Undo, Redo, New, Open, Close, Reply, Forward, Send, Spell, Save, and Print. The keys are very robust and has life of several millions actuations.
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 features a solid undetachable wrist rest and removable props for front and back tilt. It’s powered with 2 AA alkaline batteries with an approximate life of 12 months, as well as the Wireless Comfort mouse with an approximate life of 8 months.
- Product name: Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 with AES.
- Type: Keyboard-and-mouse.
- Keyboard Name: Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 with AES.
- Mouse Name: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000.
- Keyboard Connection: Wireless.
- Mouse Connection: Wireless.
- Wireless Platform: Proprietary 2.4 GHz.
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz frequency range.
- Wireless Range: 30 feet (obstacles-free).
- Transceiver Version: Microsoft 2.4 GHz Transceiver v7.0.
- Full compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT 8.1 / 7, Windows Phone.
- Limited compatibility: Mac OS 10.7x – 10.10, Android 3.2 – 5.0.
- Compatibility logos: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / 7, Mac Logo.
- Microsoft Windows PC top system requirements: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / RT 8.1, 60 MB of free disk space.
- Macintosh PC top system requirements: Mac OS 10.8 – 10.10 iOS 8, 30 MB of free disk space.
- Android top system requirements: Android 4.2 – 5.0.
- Software: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
- Keys number: 109.
- Keys life: 5,000,000 actuations per key.
- Media keys: Mute, Volume -, Volume +, Play/Pause, Stop, Previous Track, and Next Track.
- Keys life: 500,000 actuations per key.
- Zoom Slider Key Life: 500,000 actuations per key.
- Enhanced Function Key Features: Help, Undo, Redo, New, Open, Close, Reply, Forward, Send, Spell, Save, and Print.
- Keys life: 1,000,000 actuations per key.
- Typing Speed: 1000 characters per minute.
- Dimensions: 18.1 x 8.59 x 1.47 inches.
- Weight: 29.2 ounces.
- Keyboard batteries: 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Batteries life: 15 months under normal conditions.
- Wrist rest: yes.
- Num Pad: yes.
- Mouse tracking system: Microsoft-proprietary high-definition optical technology.
- Resolution: 988 ppi.
- Tracking speed: 72 inches per second.
- Scroll wheel: Yes.
- Mouse Button Features: 5 buttons including scroll wheel button.
- Right & Left Main Button Life: 3,000,000 actuations.
- Wheel Button Life: 350,000 actuations.
- Side Button Life: 100,000 actuations.
- Mouse Scrolling Features: horizontal and vertical scrolling with a tilt.
- Wheel Vertical Scrolling Life: 100,000 revolutions (away from user) at no more than 60 rotations per minute, 300,000 revolutions (toward user) at no more than 60 rotations per minute.
- Mouse dimensions: 4.59 x 2.77 x 1.66 inches.
- Mouse weight: 5.36 ounces.
- Mouse batteries: 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Batteries life: 8 months under normal conditions.
- Transceiver dimensions: 1.83 x 0.62 x 0.31 inches.
- Transceiver Weight: 0.18 ounces.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Part #: PP4-00001, PP4-00002.
- Windows Certification Kit (WCK): Desktop ID: 1751989 (32-bit) and (64-bit) Microsoft Windows 10.
- Price: $49.95.
Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 is a very robust keyboard made of glossy black plastic. Its highlight is the slightly curved form. And the keys in the top and in the bottom mirrors the casing curved line, that is, the blank space key and the shift and alt keys are slightly curved as well as the functional and hot keys. The wrist rest is not detachable, it’s a part of the keyboard and solid. There’re four openings for props in this keyboard, one for each corner but only two props. A user can screw them into the top or into the back openings to give the keyboard a back tilt. The props aren’t adjustable by height though.
Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 is # 1 ergonomic keyboard in the world, for its’ shape encourages the proper position of your arms, wrists and back for long and fruitful work at the desk.
For better result, please, remember to follow some useful tips:
- The monitor should be at level with your eyes. Adjust your chair and your monitor height if needed.
- You back and shoulders should be straight and relaxed.
- Keep your elbows close to body at an angle of 90 or 100 degrees.
- Keep your hips and knees at an angle of 90 or 100 degrees, and your feet firmly on the floor.
- Do not use wrist rest areas while typing.
- Keep your wrists in line with your forearms the way pianists do.
- Make breaks every hour.
- Use scrolls and touchscreens whenever possible.
The hot and media keys are lined just above the functional keys along the edge of the keyboard. The Microsoft logo can be found just above the numeric pad. The keys are high-profile with long travel and a bit noisy.
Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 secures not only your health but your data as well. First, each keyboard is permanently paired with its receiver at the factory and thus no info can be intercepted in the air. Second, this keyboard features Advanced Encryption Standard (AES*) technology, which encrypts every keystrokes. With Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 there’s no need to use a virtual keyboard when entering passwords or other sensitive information.
The Wireless Comfort Mouse 5050 features the blue laser but the technical data sheet doesn’t mention Blue Track Technology. Yet, this mouse is very accurate and can work on any surface. It’s large and humpy and sits well in a palm.
Sell your old computer. Check on our prices. Sell your used devices now to iGotOffer.com and save money for new models and versions: Trade In my old Microsoft Surface online now.
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 Review [Video]
Video uploaded by Sasson Yona on May 1, 2016.