10 Other iPod Touch Tips and Tricks
iPod touch tips and tricks or better iPod touch with iOS 8 useful tips /tricks:
1) To save photos from Messages, tap Details, touch and hold a photo, then tap More. Select the photos and tap Save Images. Now you can view and edit them in the Photos app.
2) Quickly type Internet addresses: When typing URL addresses, touch and hold the period on the keyboard to pick from .com and other suffixes (but it works in apps that support it). You can also share Quickly type Internet addresses on Twitter (opens in a new window).
3) You can use the shutter timer to include yourself in your photos. Frame your shot, tap the timer button and the number of seconds, then tap the shutter button. Jump into the shot.
4) Share with your family: Just buy an app once, and the rest of your family can use it too. With Family Sharing, all family members can share purchases even if they have their own accounts. Set it up in Settings > iCloud.
5) Messages: To see what time messages were sent, drag a bubble to the left.
6) You can reach your favorite people: Double-click the Home button, then tap a recent contact to call or message.
7) You can get reply notifications. If you are waiting for a response to an email, When viewing a message, tap the mark message button, then tap Notify Me.
8) If you like the song playing on the radio, or in a café, or anywhere else, ask Siri, What song is this? Siri knows the tune.
9) You can quickly manage your mail: swipe a message to the right to mark it. Swipe left for other options, and swipe farther to delete it. Change the actions in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Swipe Options.
10) To send an audio message, in Messages, touch and hold the record audio button to record. Swipe up to send the recording. To delete it instead, swipe left.
11) Bonus tip: You can quickly respond to a notification, by sliding a notification up to dismiss it, or pull it down to reveal actions you can take. For example, with an iMessage, pull down and you can reply right there.