Ten iPod Touch Tips and Tricks
Ten useful iPod touch tips and tricks with iOS 8:
- You can download the iPod touch user guide and learn everything you would like to know about the iPod touch, all in one place. The user guide is a free download in the iBooks Store.
- You can switch to other keyboards. It is easy to add more keyboards, for emojis or other languages. Just go to Settings > General > Keyboard. To switch keyboards, tap or hold down the next keyboard button whenever the keyboard appears.
- While editing a photo, you can touch and hold the image to temporarily show the original. You can then compare the original with the changes you’re making, and decide which version you like more.
- You can see profile photos of friends when they email or call. To see profile photos, go to Settings and tap Facebook or Twitter, then tap Update Contacts. Now you can add profile pictures to contacts.
- You can mute text notification for a conversation. This option is handy for instances such as a busy group discussion. While viewing the thread, tap Details. Once there, tap Do Not Disturb.
- Safari can make articles easier to read. If the page you’re on supports it, you can tap the reader button to see only the text and photos, without ads or distractions.
- In apps that support AirDrop, users can share a photo, video, or document with people nearby. To do this, just tap the share button and then tap the person you want to share with.
- You can show people you’re messaging where you are. Tap Details, then tap Share My Location.
- It is possible to gather your best shots in one album – tap the favorite button to select pictures you love, and they’re automatically gathered in the Favorites album.
- You can find movies with Siri by asking Siri what’s playing nearby. You can watch trailers, read reviews, and even buy tickets for some theaters.