Shenzhen, Popular Republic of China. December 8, 2016 – Thursday, at the WinHEC (short for Windows Hardware Engineering Community) event in Shenzhen, Microsoft Corp. announced new opportunities for global partners to innovate with Windows 10.
WinHec Event in China
Navin Shenoy, senior vice president, general manager for the Client Computing Group, Intel Corporation, and Cristiano Amon, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., president of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies, joined Terry Myerson, executive vice president, Windows and Devices Group, Microsoft on stage. The companies showcased new ways for partners to build modern devices that will empower the next generation of creators. “I feel energized to be among this community of hardware engineering creators at WinHEC, who are building the next generation of modern, secure PCs that support innovative mixed-reality, gaming and mobile experiences,” Terry Myerson said. He added: “With the Windows 10 Creators Update and our partnerships with Qualcomm and Intel, we can build technology that serves all of us by ensuring there are devices for the creator in each of us.”
A New Wave of Modern PCs
Microsoft announced its latest collaboration with Intel, code-named “Project Evo.” With this new “Project Evo,” Microsoft and Intel will deliver all-new ways for devices to light up with the latest in advanced security, artificial intelligence and Cortana, mixed reality, and gaming. Through this collaboration, devices of the future will leverage Microsoft and Intel innovations, including the following:
- Far-field speech communications so the user can ask Cortana a question or ask it to play a song from across the room;
- Latest and newest security capabilities which have been conceived and developed to protect devices from malware and hacking threats, advances in biometric authentication with Windows Hello, sophisticated insights from Microsoft’s Intelligent Security Graph, and additional world-class security intelligence and analytics from Intel;
- Stunning mixed-reality experiences for everyone through affordable PCs and HMDs (abbreviation for Head-Mounted Displays, that will blend the physical and virtual realities in ways no other platform can.
- Interesting gaming innovations like eSports, game broadcasting, and support for 4K, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Wide Color Gamut (WCG), spatial audio, and Xbox controllers with native Bluetooth.
Together, this work will extend these experiences to hundreds of millions of PC and HMD customers and raise the bar for what’s possible with Windows PCs.
Making Mixed Reality Mainstream
- Microsoft submitted Microsoft HoloLens for government approval in China for availability to developers and commercial customers here in the first half of 2017.
- The company shared the specifications that Microsoft co-developed with Intel for PCs that will power the first headsets capable of mixed reality. Besides, Head-Mounted Displays (HMD) from Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP and Lenovo will be available in 2017.
- Joining these partners, 3Glasses, the leading China-based hardware developer for Head-Mounted Displays, will bring the ultimate Windows 10 experience to its S1 device. The release of S1 device is expected in the first half of 2017. It will reach more than 5 million monthly active customers in China.
- Customers will gain access to the following mixed-reality content: – More than 20,000 universal Windows apps in the catalog; – 3-D objects from the web using Microsoft Edge to drag and drop into their physical world; – Access to immersive WebVR content via Microsoft Edge; Access to 360-degree videos available for the first time in the Microsoft Movies & TV app
- Microsoft and its partners announce that the Head-Mounted Displays’ developer kits will become available to developers at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Windows with Cellular Connectivity
In future Windows 10 updates, using new technology Microsoft will enable connectivity that is always within reach. Customers will be able to easily buy data directly from the Windows Store. The users will be in control of how they prefer to use Wi-Fi and cellular networks, consume data, and manage costs. Partners will be able to build always-connected devices without hindering form-factor design. Specifically, partners will be able to take advantage of eSIM technology to build devices without an exposed SIM slot. This will make it easier for users to activate a data plan right on their device.
At the same time, in order to deliver on customers’ growing need to create on the go, Microsoft announced that its Windows 10 is coming to ARM architecture through a partnership with Qualcomm compnay. For the first time, customers will be able to experience the Windows they know with the apps, peripherals and enterprise capabilities they require, on a truly mobile, power-efficient, always-connected cellular PC.
Last but not least, Microsoft’s hardware partners will be able to build a range of new Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered Windows 10 PCs that run x86 Win32 and universal Windows apps, including Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office and many popular Windows games.
All of these new devices are expected to arrive in market as early as 2017.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world. The mission of the company is to empower every person and every organization on the planet Earth to achieve more.
- Have you discovered the iGotOffer blog? It’s full of helpful personal articles and links leading to some of the world’s best-known resources about Apple products, news about consumer electronic market, its history and more. Reading our blog and our Apple Encyclopedia, you can gain valuable tips and information on many topics! Great advice is on its way to you!: iGotOffer Blog.
- If your eyes are on new faster Surfaces or any other tablets, and you look for good hands to adopt your used one, contact us, and we’ll give you the best price for your gadget: Sell my tablet online now for top price!