Apple Watch’s Glances provide access to apps and display chunks of useful information. The Setting Glance shows Apple Watch’s status and enables you to turn on Now Playing Glance – for controlling playback, Do Not Disturb, Silent Mode, Airplane Mode, Heartbeat Glance, Battery Glance, Glances from key apps such as Activity, Weather, Stocks, Calendar.
Turning on Airplane Mode disconnects Apple Watch from iPhone. While on a flight, turn the cellular connection off on iPhone, and leave Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on. In this case you can use your Apple Watch with iPhone.
Apple’s Watch Glances
Lift your wrist, and when the watch face appears, swipe up to display the Glances screen. The default selection is the Setting Glance. To see a Glance other than the Settings Glance, swipe right until the Setting Glance appears. The Connected readout will show the Apple Watch is connected to iPhone. Below you’ll see Airplane Mode, Do Not Disturb or Silent Mode icons. You can tap to toggle the icons on or off.
How to Work with Glances
Apple Watch’s Glances display small amounts of useful information. They also provide easy access to apps.
- Swipe left to see the Now Playing Glance. You can use the controls to manage playback on Apple Watch or iPhone.
- Swipe left, and the Heartbeat Glance will appear. You’ll see your current heart rate.
- Swipe left twice, and the Activity Glance will appear, showing the progress toward the Move goal, Exercise goal, and Stand Goal.
- Tap the Activity Glance to see the Activity app. You can swipe left to display the Move goal, the Exercise goal, the Stand goal separately.
- Click the Digital Crown, and the watch face will appear again.
How to Choose Glances and Their Order
Apple Watch comes with a default selection of Glances configured, such as the Settings Glance, the Now Playing Glance, the Heartbeat Glance. The Apple Watch app helps you to choose which Glances appear on Apple Watch, as well as the order in which the glances appear.
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch to display the My Watch screen.
- Tap Glances to open the Glances screen.
- Tap the movement handle for a Glance and drag it up or down the list.
- Tap Remove in order to see the textual Remove button.
- Tap Remove and the Apple Watch app will move the Glance to the Do Not Include list.
- In the Do Not Include list, tap Add. The Apple Watch app will add the Glance to the upper list. You can drag it to a different position if needed.
You can also tap and drag a Glance from the Do Not Include list to the upper list.
- You can always trade in your old Apple Watch for cash at iGotOffer. We buy your used Apple Watches for top dollar! : Sell Apple’s Watch.