To navigate Apple Watch, the owner uses the Digital Crown, side button, and touch screen. Users can lock and restart the device, work with Glances and notifications, configure key settings, extend the battery runtime, reset the Home screen layout, and sync data. It is also possible to erase the Apple Watch and restore it from backup when necessary.
Navigate Apple Watch
You can navigate quickly among the Apple Watch main screens by using the Digital Crown, side button, and touch screen of the face. The Digital Crown can be turned clockwise or counterclockwise. You can click, double-click, and triple-click the crown, and press and hold it. You can also press, hold, and click the side button. As for the touch screen, you can tap on icons. The screen registers swipes in all directions. The screen also registers the force-touch movement for accessing secondary features.
To Navigate the Interface
- Lift the wrist in order to wake Apple Watch. You’ll see the watch face appear and show the time.
- The corners will display temperature, day and date.
- Click the Digital Crown once, and the Home screen will appear. It will show the apps as a cluster of circles or icons. The Time icon is located in the middle of the cluster.
- Now tap and slide your finger. As you slide youe finger, the app cluster moves in the same direction. At the same time, icons grow smaller as they move to the edges of the touch screen.
- Tap the Timer icon and the Timer app will open.
- Tap the Min box, located in the middle of the watch face.
- Turn the Digital Crown clockwise to set the minutes.
- Tap Start, and the timer will start running.
- Double-click the Digital Crown and the watch face will appear. The red dot will indicate if you have unread notifications.
- Swipe down to see Notification screen appear.
- Tap a notification to go to Notification app.
- Swipe up, and the watch face will appear again.
- Swipe up again, and the Glances screen will appear.
- Swipe left, and he next Glance will appear, such as the Power Glance.
(To choose the order in which Glances appear, see this text: Choose Glances and Their Order).
- Swipe left or right to view other Glances.
- Swipe down for the watch face to appear again.
- Double-click the Digital Crown, you’ll see the Timer app appear.
- Tap Cancel, and the Timer app will cancel the timer.
- Click the Digital Crown, and the watch face will appear again.
A Few Apple Watch Tips
Organizing the app dock: On an Apple Watch, with watchOS 3, users can view all currently open apps by pressing the action button. Users can customize how these open apps will be displayed. Once the user has pressed the action button to open up the dock, they can press and hold on any of the app widgets. Users can then drag it up or down to change the order of their apps.
Unlocking Apple Watch from iPhone: If you didn’t unlock your Apple Watch in the initial setup process, you can unlock the Watch and iPhone at the same time without having to hammer in a passcode. To unlock the devices, go to the Watch companion app. Once there, toggle the Unlock with iPhone feature on or off. Note, however, that you need to be wearing the Watch for this feature to work.
Scribble a message: With its Watch 2nd series, Apple decided to get rid of the Friends Circle. This decision meant that Digital Touch was moved to Messages. If you want to scribble a note to a friend instead of dictating one, or picking one of Apple’s pre-loaded responses, you should scroll down to the bottom of a message thread and hit the Scribble button.
Change the wrist raise action: In the Apple Watch settings menu, turn on the Wrist Raise feature. Open the Last Used app, and whichever app you were using when your Apple Watch went into power saving mode will be returned when you raise your wrist to check the screen.
- Sell your old Apple Watch for the best price online. We at iGotOffer buy all Apple Watch models. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment.